Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does cooldown reduction stack?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xanthalis

05-05-2011

The 10% from Overload is part of the 40%. One of the nice things about Ryze is his short Cooldowns. You get 10% from Overload, 20% from Frozen Heart, which you should be building, leaving only 10% to build from runes and/or masteries. Very easy to achieve Max CDR and his passive lowers cooldowns by a second when you cast your spells, which are quickly available due to max CDR!

But to answer a concern, you can never get more CDR than 40%. Anything over will be wasted.

Lethal Culprit

05-05-2011

Anything classified as Cooldown Reduction is part of the 40% cap. This includes Ryze's CDR from Overload, Heimerdinger's ultimate, Twisted Fate's Stacked Deck, but your masteries and runes as well.

Then there's also skills that reduce your current cooldowns, such as Ryze's Overload, Ezreal's Mystic Shot, Xin Zhao's Battle Cry and a couple more.

If you're Ryze and your Spell Flux is ready in 3 seconds and you hit an Overload, its cooldown gets reduced by 1 second.

super GGGGGGG

Recruiter

09-20-2011

how sick would it be if you sat in your base with GP and had 100% CRD and you just used your ult like 100 times!!!!

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-20-2011

Kind of an old thread for a post that doesn't add anything of value to the discussion. : /

VVstar

09-20-2011

ah the good old times when i buy tear of goddess+nashor's tooth cuz i want to spam as much as i could X_X

sorry did not realize the date of the thread, my mistake x_x

so many necro threads today

Willy2Times

12-23-2011

with the new masteries trees, i spent my points to get 4% from the offence tree and 6% from the utility tree, but when playing games my default cdr was only 6%? why would the 4% not count? it should be 10% default cdr. anyone know?

TwistWrist

12-23-2011

Probably didn't select the right mastery.

edit: Ew...necro.

XxxKarma

05-30-2012

Quote:
Gaeb:
I see your point, but in the decrease realm this is how it works:

Stacking additively: 10% + 10% = 20% reduction (80% of normal)

Stacking multiplicatively:

(100% * .9) * .9 = 81%

Multiplicative always starts with the highest # (ie: If you have 2% innate dodge and buy a ninja tabi for 12% more dodge, it does (100 * .88 ) * .98)

no your math is wrong. Multiplicative means just that. it doesn't stack WITH 100% it starts off AS a factor of 1 meaning:

10% from item 1
10% from item 2

item 1 is 100% of what you have times 10% of that
100% = 1 of whatever you are talking about
so 10% of 1 = .1
so we have 1.1 for the first 10%
now we multiply another 10% into that total as such:
1.1 * 10% more or another 100% of current and another 10% so 1.1
now the actual math problem is as such:
1.1 * 1.1 = 1.21 or 21% not 18%

TwistWrist

05-30-2012

1. This thread is stupidly old.

2. You are completely wrong. You are comparing 1.1 x 1.1 with .9 x .9. Different numbers are different.

3. CDR is additive.

XxxKarma

05-30-2012

Quote:
Panzerfaust:
They're not 'cooldown reductions,' which are reducing the max cooldown, they're reducing the current cd. It's like having someone reduce your max health by a percentage compared to reducing your current health (damage).

(If you have a 10s cd ability, 40% cdr would put it at 6s cd. Say you then have an ability that reduces the cooldown by 1s when it's used. Use ability one, and it's on cd for 6s, use ability two and the cd gets 'pushed ahead' by 1s, meaning you wait a total of 5s in between the first and second uses of ability one.)

If that makes any sense, just took an exam, kinda melted in the brain department. :P

no your brain was lost but its ok not everyone was meant to get everything hence these forums.
it does NOT reduce the cooldown of current ever. its ALWAYS from base. if you kept all your gold and bought enough items with cooldown reduction to equal 40% all at the same time starting with an ability cooldown of 10 seconds you would get 40% from 10 seconds aka a 6 sec cooldown. you would not have to suffer selling items and rebuying them to get the best cooldown that would be silly.

cooldown reduction is additive to itself and is always based off of the original cooldown timer. if the cooldown was 100 seconds and you lower it by 5% then 10% then 15% the cooldown would be 70 seconds or 30% CDR.