Does cooldown reduction stack?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vendur

06-04-2010

Ya, it's kind of semi-multiplicative. There is technically a subtraction being performed, however.

Gandalf the Gay

08-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeb View Post
Multiplicative always starts with the highest # (ie: If you have 2% innate dodge and buy a ninja tabi for 12% more dodge, it does (100 * .88 ) * .98)
Sorry, but order does not matter in multiplication.

PbsBlanquet

05-04-2011

The CDR cap of 40% is only for items? Or it is for items + buffs + runes + masteries + eventualy CDR from spells like ryze? If it's only for items, i think it is possible to have more than 40% CDR.
Thanks in advance.

Diggersby thoe

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbsBlanquet View Post
The CDR cap of 40% is only for items? Or it is for items + buffs + runes + masteries + eventualy CDR from spells like ryze? If it's only for items, i think it is possible to have more than 40% CDR.
Thanks in advance.
It is for everything.
Say you have the 9 percent from masteries, and you bought cooldown boots and morello's tome.
That is 39 percent cooldown reduction, pretty close to the cap.

PbsBlanquet

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyByNature View Post
It is for everything.
Say you have the 9 percent from masteries, and you bought cooldown boots and morello's tome.
That is 39 percent cooldown reduction, pretty close to the cap.
Ok. Thanks for the quick answer.

R66Y

05-04-2011

Just as an aside, I could be wrong but I believe that flat time reductions of cooldowns (such as Zileans rewind) are not included in the 40% CDR.

Xanthalis

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by R66Y View Post
Just as an aside, I could be wrong but I believe that flat time reductions of cooldowns (such as Zileans rewind) are not included in the 40% CDR.
Not sure how Zilean works, but I know Amumu's Tantrum, which gets its cooldown lowered with every hit he takes, isn't included. You can have 40% CDR and still get the CD lowered on Tantrum by getting bashed in the face.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-04-2011

They're not 'cooldown reductions,' which are reducing the max cooldown, they're reducing the current cd. It's like having someone reduce your max health by a percentage compared to reducing your current health (damage).

(If you have a 10s cd ability, 40% cdr would put it at 6s cd. Say you then have an ability that reduces the cooldown by 1s when it's used. Use ability one, and it's on cd for 6s, use ability two and the cd gets 'pushed ahead' by 1s, meaning you wait a total of 5s in between the first and second uses of ability one.)

If that makes any sense, just took an exam, kinda melted in the brain department. :P

PbsBlanquet

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
They're not 'cooldown reductions,' which are reducing the max cooldown, they're reducing the current cd. It's like having someone reduce your max health by a percentage compared to reducing your current health (damage).

(If you have a 10s cd ability, 40% cdr would put it at 6s cd. Say you then have an ability that reduces the cooldown by 1s when it's used. Use ability one, and it's on cd for 6s, use ability two and the cd gets 'pushed ahead' by 1s, meaning you wait a total of 5s in between the first and second uses of ability one.)

If that makes any sense, just took an exam, kinda melted in the brain department. :P
What about Ryze?

Then, Ryse passive ability works plus the CDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innate
When Ryze casts a spell, all other spells have their cooldown reduced by 1 second.
What about Overload? Does it passes the 40% CDR? Something like 40% + / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 % ?
From what i have read before i think not!
So if i have Frozen Heart (20% CDR) + 5.85% (0.65%*9) from runes + 9% from masteries, at Level 18 my total CDR will be something like 20+5.85+9+10(from lvl 5 overload) = 40% because CAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overload
(Passive): Ryze gains cooldown reduction. Cooldown Reduction: 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 %
(Active): Ryze throws a charge of pure energy at an enemy unit, dealing magic damage plus additional damage equal to 8% of Ryze's maximum mana.

* Cost: 70 mana
* Cooldown: 3.5 seconds
* Range: 675
* Projectile speed: 1,400

Magic Damage: 30 / 55 / 80 / 105 / 130 (+0.20 per ability power) + (+0.08 of max mana)

Burbinator

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbsBlanquet View Post
What about Ryze?
That's not at all what he's talking about. He's talking about skills that reduce cd by a flat amount: zil's rewind, katarina passive, ryze passive (not overload passive but his passive passive) for example.