How is experience calculated?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bilbrother

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-04-2010

Hello!

I was wondering.

How does the game calculate XP and IP?

Is it based on the minions killed, heroes killed, level, builds, towers destroyed?

Thx for answers.

TKana

06-04-2010

Honestly, i think its a bit random. I've been trying to figure it out aswell, for IP atleast, but i cant see a good reference point for the base IP gained.

R66Y

06-04-2010

You know, I think this hasn't been answered because no one outside of Riot is exactly sure how it is calculated. I do know that the bulk of the XP/IP is based on win/loss and that it is adjusted based on map and game type (you get less for playing on twisted treeline and for playing practice matches). You also can get bonuses for a quick win or for holding off the opponents in a loss.

What I will say is having a great game personally and losing will never net you as much XP/IP as winning, regardless of your stats. I suspect that XP/IP is strictly based off of W/L and game length, but don't take that as gospel.

Edit: heh, I say no one's answered it after it sits for half a day and get ninja'd by TKana. Well played sir, well played

TKana

06-04-2010

Owned? I'd like to think so

Vendur

06-04-2010

As a side note, though, to the guy who says you get a bonus for a quick finish... not in a practive game.. you get zero ip/xp if you finish fast.

TKana

06-04-2010

Only if you finsih within 10 minutes you wont get any xp/ip no. This is in MM aswell. You also get 0 xp/ip if you are starting an imbalanced game (4v5, 1v5, 2v4 etc).

Vendur

06-04-2010

The imbalance thing is pretty stupid. The people on the smaller side should still get XP/IP.

macsauce

06-04-2010

1) How quickly you win/lose
2) First win of the day
3) Not Leaving Games

Nothing else.