1 simple buff for Katarina that might work

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XIIÍ

Senior Member

09-19-2009

A few of us have mentioned that Katarina feels a bit underwhelming (no slow, no form of CC, etc). I think a quick fix that would make her much more competitive would be to make her Q and R spells trigger on hit effects like Parley (so lifesteal, slow, in the future maybe basher, etc). i have a feeling that this quick buff would really help her out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jokeeeer

Senior Member

09-19-2009

Just get a Rylai's scepter and all her spells have a 40% slow (even the bounces from Dagger, even though that might be fixed in a later patch).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naltharial

Senior Member

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIII View Post
A few of us have mentioned that Katarina feels a bit underwhelming (no slow, no form of CC, etc). I think a quick fix that would make her much more competitive would be to make her Q and R spells trigger on hit effects like Parley (so lifesteal, slow, in the future maybe basher, etc). i have a feeling that this quick buff would really help her out.
Either that or make them affected by AP.

The problem with Kat (Eve has a similar problem) is that her apilities have 2 separate sources - the blade is physical, the others work off AP. Problem here is that if you divide your items, you;re just bad at 2 things. Eve has the same thing with Q and E working off AP and ulti increasing AS, which is completely physical.

Basically, characters with split bonus systems are bad at two things if you do both, or you inevitably need to sacrifice one of those things, which makes you subpar to the other champions that have an uniform damage distribution.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arafel

Friend of Urf

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naltharial View Post
Either that or make them affected by AP.

The problem with Kat (Eve has a similar problem) is that her apilities have 2 separate sources - the blade is physical, the others work off AP. Problem here is that if you divide your items, you;re just bad at 2 things. Eve has the same thing with Q and E working off AP and ulti increasing AS, which is completely physical.

Basically, characters with split bonus systems are bad at two things if you do both, or you inevitably need to sacrifice one of those things, which makes you subpar to the other champions that have an uniform damage distribution.
She can either be a dynamite carry or a dynamite "caster." I fail to see the problem with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeyk

Member

09-19-2009

Every character has something that's affected by AP, including the ones that are obviously physical carries. It's totally up to you whether you buy items for that or not. Corki has the same thing and nobody calls him gimped.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PuppetSoul

Senior Member

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyk View Post
Every character has something that's affected by AP, including the ones that are obviously physical carries. It's totally up to you whether you buy items for that or not. Corki has the same thing and nobody calls him gimped.
Because Corki's missile barrage does insane AoE damage from so far away that I wouldn't be surprised if he hits people who are in other games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilverSoultaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

09-19-2009

Honestly, I believe she is very good as it is. Maybe give her Q spell the same AP scaling as her ultimate, and then she would be amazing. But definitly not any more than that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Driis

Member

09-19-2009

She is pretty balanced for a new hero Gj riot team!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XIIÍ

Senior Member

09-19-2009

Actually I just played her another time and I have to agree with SilverSoulTaker that it would be nice to have her Q spell have a similar dmg ratio to her ulti.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EternalOne

Senior Member

09-20-2009

Because she uses no mana, I can't see it being fair for her to have a stun or slow. Keep in mind you can stay in the front lines practically forever and just gobble up the XP because of this. Her being Melee sorta sucks since melees are too easy to harass, but thats a different issue.


12