Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

GP5 items in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talamare

09-25-2011

Quote:
KhaorvaK:
30g per minute in a 20 minute game is 600g. That means that by the very end of a dominion game, you haven't even covered the cost of the item yet.

not to mention that 600g takes like... 30 seconds to make in dominion. ...I don't know the actual numbers, but still.

Sarcasm doesnt mix well with text

Adonteon

09-25-2011

If you are gonna use the final item. I say get them. If not get something more useful.

KhaorvaK

09-26-2011

Quote:
Adonteon:
If you are gonna use the final item. I say get them. If not get something more useful.

obviously...

My question, though, wasn't "how do I justify buying GP5 items..."

My question was, "are there plans to fix them for Dominion?"

Thedafool

09-26-2011

DeathFireGrasp.

Just sayin'

Tenmar

09-26-2011

Quote:
Thedafool:
DeathFireGrasp.

Just sayin'

Except most champs even akali are extremely tanky even at mid game and with the life steal it makes DFG a complete joke and barely dents them. Also don't forget how quickly your opponent respawns that is is nearly impossible to actually do anything meaningful.

Thedafool

09-26-2011

Quote:
Tenmar:
Except most champs even akali are extremely tanky even at mid game and with the life steal it makes DFG a complete joke and barely dents them. Also don't forget how quickly your opponent respawns that is is nearly impossible to actually do anything meaningful.

Now consider the fact you can get it pretty much the first time you go back.

Jazman84

11-15-2011

Gp5 items aren't that great as an early item in Dom tbh. Even if you need it to build an item. Obviously if it is the final item in the build and you have a reason to be at the base then sure, grab it.

Otherwise you are delaying the goodies in an item for poor income.
Dominion games don't go for long enough to take advantage of the gold tic. For early game, the stats are bad compared to the other items in the build for the upgrade.

Ghostblade: Brutalizer >>>>>> Avarice.
Deathfire: Codex >>>>>> Kage's.
Shurelya's: Kindlegem >>>>>> Philo Stone.
Randuin's: Chain Armor or Warden's >>>>>> HoG.

Riot should really buff the gold generation for these items in Dom IMO.