Game seems really slow after level 5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vendur

06-03-2010

Why is there such a huge jump in XP? Why do I have to wait so long to use things like flash and other spells? I'm a noob, right, why can't I test out the spells to learn how to use/defend against them? I think until you get all your summoner spells at least you should still be "fast track" for xp up till level 10.

Now why it goes from taking like 150 xp to level to 500 is itself is odd. Even if you wanted to jack up the xp rate, why not do it more subtly and linearly instead of just suddenly arbitrarily tripling the xp required.

When I hit level 10, am I in for another smack in the face and required to get 3k xp to level?

Bainemo

06-04-2010

Jacking up the exp rate makes you want to buy exp boosts. That's why they do it.

Right now at level 12 I need 1150 experience to level up. Fairly reasonable. The bulk of my exp comes from the first win of the day bonus. You ALWAYS want your first win of the day to be on SR so you don't get hit with the -35% penalty.

Vendur

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainemo View Post
Jacking up the exp rate makes you want to buy exp boosts. That's why they do it.

Right now at level 12 I need 1150 experience to level up. Fairly reasonable. The bulk of my exp comes from the first win of the day bonus. You ALWAYS want your first win of the day to be on SR so you don't get hit with the -35% penalty.

I don't think practice wins count against your first win bonus.

anyway, it doesn't make me want to spend money because I still feel like I'm playing ahighly ******ed and limited character and not sure I'll like the game. So I'm more likely to quit than spend a bunch of time and money hoping everything pans out.

TKana

06-04-2010

I have to agree on the XP bumps at every 5 levels, they seem kinda harsh.

Every 5th level you gain, the XP needed to level up gains a huge bump, for example 5-6, 10-11, 15-16 etc. Dont know why they did it tbh, but i doubt its to seel XP boosts as i hardly doubt they make much money off those (seeing the majority of players is lvl 30 already).

You should see xp gains like this :
1-5 : 100-400 xp
6-10: 600-900 xp
11-15: 1100-1400 xp
16-20: 1600-1900 xp
21-25: 2100-2400 xp
26-30: 2600-3000 xp

They look very linear when you look at it like this, and you will hardly be fussed about it at level 20-25 ish. I was at around 120 wins when i made level 30, so yes it will take a while, though this was before the 1st win of the day thingy. They actually implemented that the day i made 30

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendur View Post
Why is there such a huge jump in XP? Why do I have to wait so long to use things like flash and other spells? I'm a noob, right, why can't I test out the spells to learn how to use/defend against them? I think until you get all your summoner spells at least you should still be "fast track" for xp up till level 10.

Now why it goes from taking like 150 xp to level to 500 is itself is odd. Even if you wanted to jack up the xp rate, why not do it more subtly and linearly instead of just suddenly arbitrarily tripling the xp required.

When I hit level 10, am I in for another smack in the face and required to get 3k xp to level?
Because their cut off level for the 'refer a friend' aspect is level 10, they dont want to make it so people can go make a new account and get to level 10 in 3 games just to boost up their referral numbers

B4NK3R

06-04-2010

I never noticed it. 30 comes soon and once you have it it's nothing. This isn't like leveling to 80 in WoW. It doesn't take long.

Vendur

06-04-2010

All they need to do is run an ip check for the referal thing. I really highly doubt people would level 10 different chaarcters to level 10-- would take forever- just for a couple ip and a tier 3 character.

R66Y

06-04-2010

just as an FYI, most people take 100-120 games to hit level 30. If you play less frequently (higher ratio of FWotD bonus) or win a lot you can make 30 in fewer games 9I've seen as low as 90), and I don't think I've ever seen anyone with more than 130 games that wasn't 30.

Ducktator

06-04-2010

I think the object is to give you something to look forward to. This way you willhave had a chance to use some summoner spells you may not have ever chosen if you could get your hands right on flash. A little bit of leveling and before youknow it you will be there.

Vendur

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4NK3R View Post
I never noticed it. 30 comes soon and once you have it it's nothing. This isn't like leveling to 80 in WoW. It doesn't take long.
Looks like it takes about 110 games, 30 mins a game. 3300 minutes, 55 hours. That's about how long it took to hit the level cap when WoW first came out.