Questions for Masters of Master Yi, Please help me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vasimr

08-27-2010

Brought Master Yi recently.

Now, I know Master Yi is suppose to go after the squishies in team fights and stay alive.

So, am I suppose to just stay away from team fights untill the other team has used their spells?? then, do i go in or what??

because it's either my teammates get killed or the other team 2 shot my Master Yi dead.

and most of the times I just cannot get through the other team's tank to get to their mages and squishy carry.

What should I do in situation like that??

And for items, I usually start with boots with 2hp potions and 1mana, then get IE, BloodS, PDancer in order.

After that, should i get FrostnM or Stark?? or am I building it wrong.

SmokeysL1ce

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasimr View Post
Brought Master Yi recently.

Now, I know Master Yi is suppose to go after the squishies in team fights and stay alive.

So, am I suppose to just stay away from team fights untill the other team has used their spells?? then, do i go in or what??

because it's either my teammates get killed or the other team 2 shot my Master Yi dead.

and most of the times I just cannot get through the other team's tank to get to their mages and squishy carry.

What should I do in situation like that??

And for items, I usually start with boots with 2hp potions and 1mana, then get IE, BloodS, PDancer in order.

After that, should i get FrostnM or Stark?? or am I building it wrong.

You're job is to hide in the bushes and wait till your non-squishy teammate to initiate the fight. Master Yi's job is to sort of be like Shaco (except a lot harder) and attack the squishiest champion without being noticed. Of course easier said then done (that's why most high-elo players don't even bother with Master Yi and consider him non-viable). Chances are competent teams are waiting for you to show up and nuke you down. Master Yi is sort of the cleanup guy when it comes to team fights. I usually try to go behind enemy lines and attack them from the back.

Your teammates suck if they die so easily. Never be at the forefront of a fight. Wait till everyone is sufficiently distracted trying to take down one of your teammates, then attack when they're not looking.

A tactic I use is to kill they're squishiest champion and run away, making them chase me like fools while my team finishes them off.

As for items, I can't help you there, there's too many viable AD builds and such. Search up "Kingdeathrat", he's the best Master Yi Player. Or HotshotGG even.

Vasimr

08-27-2010

Thank you, I've just found out the sneak behind part of MasterYi in the last match.