Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Concept] Vennox, Leader of the Swarm

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kovah

09-25-2011

Lore Deep within the jungles of Kumungu lies a power that has been long forgotten. The powerful bug swarm known as the Oshaar' ra has been in hiding in their catacombs for centuries ever since the death of their leader Skeptor. They have been waiting, building strength for their glorious return to the known world. Before Skeptor was killed, he spawned an egg, deep within the Osharr' ra catacombs, which has been dormant until now.....

From the egg Vennox was born. A natural leader, filled with his fathers ambition and hatred for the rest of the world. You see, for the rest of the world does not understand the ways in which the swarm operates, which is why it has been banished to the jungle. Vennox needed to unleash the chaos inside himself, and then, he learned of the League of Legends. Vennox joined the League, bringing his hatred and will for destruction with him, annihilating all in his path.

- "As one, we are nothing, but as a swarm, we become unstoppable." - Vennox

Description Vennox looks like a mix between a giant grasshopper, and a praying mantis. His exoskeleton is a dark green, with four almost see-through wings. He runs on the ground with his legs with the occasional flicker of his wings that lifts him off the ground for a second. He attacks with his arms which are like giant praying mantis arms. (think scyther from pokemon).

Stats

Damage 55 (+3.3 / per level)
Health 430 (+85 / per level)
Mana 230 (+35 / per level)
Move Speed 325
Armor 14 (+3.75 / per level)
Spell Block 29 (+1.25 / per level)
Health Regen 1.3 (+0.13 / per level)
Mana Regen 1.4 (+0.13 / per level)

Abilities

Passive Ability - (Shed Skin) Vennox can replace his bug husk very quickly by growing another under it when the old one is damaged, giving him an opportunity to buff him with the ability to block the next crowd control effect used on him. Once Vennox blocks a crowd control ability, it takes him a few seconds to be able to grow a new husk.

Vennox is able to block a crowd control ability every 60 seconds at until level 6, 50 seconds until level 11, and 40 seconds after level 11.

Q skill - (Dashing Wings) Cost 50/55/60/65/70 Mana - Vennox uses his powerful wings to spring him forwards at a stounding speeds and attacks his foe, dealing damage and slowing them.

Vennox gains 15/20/25/30/35% Movement Speed for 3 seconds. His next melee attack deals 25/40/55/70/85 (+) physical damage and slows them for 2 seconds.

W skill - (Swarm) Cost 60/65/70/75/80 Mana - Vennox has a swarm of bugs constantly flying around him, protecting him and dealing damage to enemies around him. Vennox can choose to send the swarm at his enemies, dealing damage and healing him when his swarm returns to him, but removing the protection and damage it deals around him for a time.

Passive - Vennox has 5/10/15/20/25 increased armor and magic resistance and he deals 10/20/30/40/50 magic damage per second to enemies around him.

Active - Vennox sends the swarm to assault his foes, attacking an enemy target and then spreads to a nearby enemy unit. Deals 65/90/115/140/165 (+0.5) magic damage over 4 seconds and heals him for 5% of the damage dealt. The swarm keeps spreading to nearby enemies, lasts a total of 6 seconds. When activated, Vennox loses his passive, but regains it when the swarm returns.

E Skill - (Slash) 50/55/60/65/70 Mana - Vennox slashes his foe dealing 40/50/60/70/80 (+0.5 x Bonus AD)(+0.5 x Bonus Ability power). When hit, his target gains Mark of the swarm, increasing the damage that his swarm ability deals to them by 10% per stack (stacks 3 times) lasts 15 seconds.

R skill (ultimate) - (Mass Annihilation) Cost 100/110/120 Mana - Vennox commands an assault on a location, causing his army of the swarm to attack all within the area, dealing damage, slowing enemy units and limiting vision.

Deals 100/150/200 (+.5) Magic damage each second to all enemies in the area and slowing them 35%. It also causes enemies within Mass Annihilation to lose vision outside of the spell, and enemies outside of Mass Annihilation lose vision inside the spell. Lasts 6 seconds.

Kovah

09-25-2011

Just let me know if its original or not, that's pretty much what I was going for.

Void22

09-28-2011

the ult sounds really nice

Tyranomaster

09-28-2011

Wow, I feel kinda bad, I made a character, and didn't look at yours, and mine is Zabora, Heart of the Swarm. lawl. I like your concept, you should check out mine :P. Honestly our characters have a lot in common, without looking at each others champion. Maybe they should both be made, and add a new faction to the game haha.

Tenmaou

09-28-2011

Awkward... I just posted a vespid-based champion.. ._.

Tyranomaster

09-28-2011

Quote:
Tenmaou:
Awkward... I just posted a vespid-based champion.. ._.

HAHAHA! We should all coordinate, and make riot "discover" a vespid civilization near Kalamada after the building of the crystal scar.

Also on another note- I think you need to nerf his W's passive damage. You currently end up with more than a sunfire cape, that is also an ability heal able by spell vamp (4hp a second per nearby target) maybe 5/10/15/20/25?

Tenmaou

09-28-2011

Quote:
Tyranomaster:
HAHAHA! We should all coordinate, and make riot "discover" a vespid civilization near Kalamada after the building of the crystal scar.

Also on another note- I think you need to nerf his W's passive damage. You currently end up with more than a sunfire cape, that is also an ability heal able by spell vamp (4hp a second per nearby target) maybe 5/10/15/20/25?

TThat would be pretty sweet. But then it would get onto Cho'Gath and Kog'maw's turf. xP

And yeah.. The poison is strong, but the initial attack is meant to be weak. I'll set up the damage scale once I'm more awake.

Tyranomaster

09-28-2011

Quote:
Tenmaou:
TThat would be pretty sweet. But then it would get onto Cho'Gath and Kog'maw's turf. xP

And yeah.. The poison is strong, but the initial attack is meant to be weak. I'll set up the damage scale once I'm more awake.

Actually I was talking about Vennox, but yours might need a slight nerf too, after re-reading it.

TaxiCaller

09-28-2011

Omg post some art i like you concept lol
I like bugs

Tenmaou

09-28-2011

Quote:
Tyranomaster:
Actually I was talking about Vennox, but yours might need a slight nerf too, after re-reading it.

I just make a lot of attack-oriented concepts. xP
Nothing I make is very tanky.. And I already have a concept I've been balancing as people comment on it. I'll post a link to my older concept if people ask.