Dominion balance problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheIronFist

09-25-2011

As is dominion seems to revolve very heavily around mobility and it becomes abusive to have someone like rammus or shaco just running in circles around your cap points making it impossible to get them away without losing another capture point.

An elegant solution to this would to simply have dominion have slightly different mechanics. Maybe have a global dominion buff that reduces stealth durations by 50% making them slightly more strategic. Maybe have MS diminishing returns hit even harder then on SR limiting people from abusing the super mobile champions.

I believe this could be a very viable way to do this. Just include it in the crystal scar buff tooltip next to passive XP and everything

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

I think they just need to remove Priscilla's. That way, backdooring is still viable but no longer the dominant strategy.

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

Once defending/babysitting gets a better presence on the scorecard people will do it more often. For example, if I am Teemo or TF and try to backdoor a point and Jax is in the jungle in the fog, I can't backdoor only blind/stun and move on, which means I wasted a lot of time and in TFs case I wasted an Ulti

Drastone

09-25-2011

I think when people get past the mentality of "must stand on a point" you'll see this strategies diminish. The best way to counter heroes who stack mobility is to go a tank character and stand BETWEEN two capture points. impossible for the enemy to ninja unless they devote 1 to each and then the rest of their team is weakened allowing your team to go out an capture 2 more points.

Pack fortify for that extra healing power.

Syclla

09-25-2011

Riot made dominion so that the strategy would not be cap 3 points and sit on them for the entire game.
Backdooring still has the same problem that it does on summoners rift, if you leave to BD then, your team is out numbered, instead of chasing the dam rammus go kill some of there team and cap a point or 2.

plasmatorture

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclla View Post
Riot made dominion so that the strategy would not be cap 3 points and sit on them for the entire game.
Backdooring still has the same problem that it does on summoners rift, if you leave to BD then, your team is out numbered, instead of chasing the dam rammus go kill some of there team and cap a point or 2.
The problem is, with Priscilla's, that Rammus will take your point far far faster than you ever could trying to get past defenders.