Kassadin - Nether Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siky

09-19-2009

At this moment, I've only read one positive opinion about this Passive and it still doesn't really prove anything to me as to why this is even a skill for Kassadin. The amount of mana you get from this is worthless and I don't even notice it considering you can only get it from creeps with mana or by hitting the opponent and early game when it matters, you shouldn't be able to do that against any decent opponent. Running up to hit casters pre-level 6 is just inviting your own death as Kass is slow and very soft early on.

I really feel like this ability should be changed to something more noticeable. I understand and agree that Kassadin is plenty strong right now with his Silence, Force Pulse and Teleport. I just feel like he should have a noticeable 3rd ability.

Maybe something like Zilean's recall ability that works as a passive and activates like Force Pulse so every number of attacks goes towards an instant CD of the next ability. Would be wasted on Force Pulse because it requires the use of other abilities as well, but would allow you to do stuff like quick double silence or double teleports. It's something that is noticeable unlike his Nether Blade.

I know some people might complain about that as well since when played right, a lot of people complain about how OP encountering an even level or worst a higher level Kassadin alone is. I think if the ability was modified to be an Active ability instead of a Passive where it did some damage as a melee to either a single target or is a smaller sweeping attack that has more range than his melee, but less range than Force Pulse, with his blade so that people don't forget it's still there I think it would be better. Doing 5-10% MP steal on a bunch of creeps at any time in the game would be valuable if you could notice it and stealing less than 20MP from a creep is honestly insignificant even at early levels where it's utterly pointless.

(tl;dr) Change Nether Blade for something else, I suggested 2 changes. There's probably a tiny percentage that even can admit to liking this ability, but for most people especially people playing against Kassadin, this ability just goes by unnoticed. Would rather it be buffed and made either useful or at the very least noticeable to anyone. I've played Kassadin for little over a week and I've found no reason to even get this passive until last. There's no reason to vary your skill build with him because you're either wanting Force Pulse first for farming or Void Sphere to harass. If all we gained were skills each level, Kassadin would effectively stop at level 13 because Nether Blade essentially does nothing.

The Mad Bear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2009

I had the idea of changing the passive and the nether blades:

Make a 3% mana drain be the passive, and make Void Stone called something else and have the following effect:

Increase surrounding champions attack speed by 5/10/15/20/25%

Siky

09-19-2009

I don't think Attack Speed on Kass even matters and the difference between 2% and 3% is still insignificant. I've never known of it being the reason for an outcome of a fight. I was never saved by the MP i stole and late game I tend to solo much more with Kass so the increase just doesn't really make sense on him. Why would you put a team buff aura on a champ that solo ganks most of the time?

pretty

09-19-2009

I agree with the fact that his nether blade skill is barely noticable, to the point I don't upgrade that skill until I have to... Changing the skill to do something else would be nice, but something to balance him out, not op him (dont want any QQ'n) Just a buff to at least make it noticable/useful would be great.
It isn't fair that he only has 3 usefull skills, and the other chars have 4.

siky is soo right! a team buff or attack speed would be just as useless for kassi. As is the mana per phys dmg done...

imo it should be something usefull early on, (b4 lvl 6) bcuz he really is "slow and soft early on"

+ mana regen (without having to run up and hit stuff) would be the secks.

Siky

09-19-2009

I thought of that as well, but realized that anything to remove the need for mana actually makes him much stronger. One of his weaknesses is finding the right balance of survivability between HP/Armor items, summoner skills and runes and if you didn't need to devote anything to mana regen, you'd have a killer Kass at a much earlier level than now. Right now it feels like Kass peaks at about level 11-14. He starts totally raping everyone at that point if you haven't been dying.

I don't know really. When I look at Kassadin, he's a complete character to me, but he's one without much variation in how you play him. I think having a 3rd skill that matters would be better. Like if he had an actual low level farming tool and you'll be a powerful ganker by level 16 just because you'll have items, but you won't have the damage., you could either farm early on or go with the normal Force Pulse build which makes you an effective ganker around level 12 and then you can farm later on a little more efficiently later on which doesn't matter much because you can probably 1 hit most creep waves at 18 already with a Force Pulse. I think if anything, just give him a diverging path to be had early on.

Lovecore

09-19-2009

id be happy to see him get a channeled mana drain

L0CUST

The Council

09-19-2009

I like the one right now. All I have to do is attack 2-3 times and I can spam my spells in team fights. Really fun.. just not too great.. though he has 3 nukes / mobility / silence.. really can't have that strong of a passive.

also: channel spell destroys his mobility.. so no.

Hmmer94

09-19-2009

Its synergies perfectly with him and without it, he wouldnt make much sence, leave it as it is ty...

Cantor

09-19-2009

It fits his theme as a caster-killer. Personally I think its great, I level it up early. But I think I'm the only one in the beta who plays Kass with an attack build instead of an AP build. He has great attack speed, put proc items on him and it works great. If you get Wit's End, the combined mana drain leaves enemies helpless pretty quick. (and you can silence them to give yourself time to drain all their mana) And then with your other two abilities you're damn hard to get away from.

Kwazi

Recruiter

09-19-2009

I dislike going pure AP as kass since I end up using melee anyway and its best to squeeze out everything you can and building him so that it benefits all aspects of his character