Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

FEEDERS in Summoners Rift, HAMSTERS in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reynmaker

09-25-2011

You know them, the mele/assassin/DPS that just can't stop running around in a circle capturing points. They end with over 15 capped points, but the team looses. It's not their fault, their job is to capture points and ward buffs (for the love of mike, there are people WARDING FREE BUFFS!!) you know, the buffs where you just stand there for a bit.LOL.

They're mad at you for not defending, they're mad at you because your after game stats say 3 points capped, but of those three, one was held the entire game. The other caster who was defending.......or trying, spends most of the game like you, getting 2 and 3v1'ed at a garrisoned cap while watching the map flux from red circle to green circle to grey square.

Eventually you just sit back and enjoy the show, no stress, just having fun in the beta, you just realized you're gonna have to make a premade with friends or people you met that understand how to play.

Eventually, you just sit back and watch all the hamsters run.

Kaylel

09-25-2011

Never underestimate the scout's code.

LilDrood

09-25-2011

I prefer gerbils, they're less stringy.

Morphine

09-25-2011

Capturing points when the enemy is preoccupied is not a bad strategy. Defend when you're ahead, try to cap when you aren't.

How about the people who, when you're getting four-capped, decide to endlessly teamfight for your last point (nearest to your base) as your nexus health drains away, without attempting to get other points? They're worth complaining about.

Mokomii

09-25-2011

congratz you just caped 1 base. we now have 4. enjoy that one base.

JoeDuo

09-25-2011

That's the Fail Train.
Capture all day, never defend, always lose.
Choo-Choo!

Reynmaker

09-25-2011

Quote:
Mokomii:
congratz you just caped 1 base. we now have 4. enjoy that one base.

You poor, poor soul. Yeah, In a team of 5, 1 guy ( that'd be me) is holding one cap, that leaves a minimum of two caps to be taken by the 4 other team members. How's your math ? hows your common sense ?

JoeDuo

09-25-2011

The Fail Train usually has 3-4 players farming easy caps for points, meanwhile the enemy team can easily dominates the rest of the map.
Ninja caps are something, and are moderately useful, mostly just do distract enemies from other more important points.
You will not be able to cap one point after the other unless you outnumber the defenders or the enemy team lets you.

Reynmaker

09-25-2011

Quote:
JoeDuo:
The Fail Train usually has 3-4 players farming easy caps for points, meanwhile the enemy team can easily dominates the rest of the map.
Ninja caps are something, and are moderately useful, mostly just do distract enemies from other more important points.
You will not be able to cap one point after the other unless you outnumber the defenders or the enemy team lets you.

Agreed, ninja caps are indeed pretty useful, but again, hamsters don't get it. Say we're holding three, windmill included, enemy team just re-spawned, and you KNOW they're gonna hit windmill hard. I'm holding bot cap so I run across to their bot and start to harass, our Taric comes to help, we manage to get a kill on their defender and start to cap their point.
Three enemy champs bum rush their bot to recapture.

I cancel my cap in progress and retreat, taric continues to cap, subsequently get interrupted and dies, and is mad at me. " WHY COME YOU RETREATED NOOB!!!" because taric, the intent wasn't to 4-5 point faceroll. It was to spread their attack power and buy more time for our guys at windmill. If your are mid cap and the enemy is rushing you, first hit interrupts you then you're in cooldown. If there's three of them and two of you, and you can't cap the point anyway, why are we staying again ? They now need to take time to recap their bot, all the while, our guys at windmill hold it for longer.

TakashixToshirou

Recruiter

09-25-2011

idk my hamstering worked pretty **** well for me.

http://i53.tinypic.com/zvu354.png