Worst Dominion Champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Walrus on wheels

09-25-2011

In your opinion whose the worst dominion champ?

my vote has to go for Nasus, there is no time to sit there and farm your Q for 10 minutes

Mihlo

09-25-2011

Nasus isn't too bad at defending points.

Morde on the other hand can't defend or capture to save his unlife.

nephdj

09-25-2011

Why do u need to farm q? 10k gold can easily buy that 30-50 damage

ECHOPLANT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

My worst was with Nidalee, had no success doing anything with her. Anyone do well with her yet? If so how?

Astiahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

Morde, Nasus can at least play utility goalie. Morde's game hinges on his astounding laning...there is no laning in Dominion.

The Herpes Clown

09-25-2011

Any "strictly caster" champions (e.g. Malzahar, Brand) or support champions (e.g. Karma, Sona). The whole point of dominion is skirmishes, 1v1 fights for the most part. Sure, Malz can drop pool + ult and smash one person's face in completely, but now what? He's got cooldown on his ult, and the game is too fast-paced to be a fish out of water like that. You have to be ready to fight immediately after the first one is over. That's why champs like Akali and Jax are so good in dominion--they're always ready to fight.

Zankman

09-25-2011

I found the effectiveness of Gankplank's ultimate a little lackluster in Dominion.

CollectiveVolta

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOPLANT View Post
My worst was with Nidalee, had no success doing anything with her. Anyone do well with her yet? If so how?
I have seen only 2 nidalees do extremely well by playing a backdoor playstyle, they just kept sneaking through the map in cougar mode taking points here and there and healing allies in the other points. Dont remember how they built her, but thats what they did and in both opportunities they completely carried their team by being super annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astiahl View Post
Morde, Nasus can at least play utility goalie. Morde's game hinges on his astounding laning...there is no laning in Dominion.
Morde with gunblade/situational tank item or another gunblade/ga in 7-12 min is extremely, extremely powerful for 2v2s and 3v3s, you can easily 1v3 with that or even 1v4. Also has decent 1v1 burst against squishies and can defend dives quite well.

Same as Nasus, Nasus with Triforce in 6 min? Yes please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankman View Post
I found the effectiveness of Gankplank's ultimate a little lackluster in Dominion.
O.o? Not sure if trolling..

GPs ult is like the best push/bd capture breaker so far imo, even better than Ashe/Ez's ult because of how annoyingly long it is and the fact that it not only covers the full area of a point but even a bit beyond. You dont use it for dmg/slow here, you use it to disrupt captures from all across the map.

To me, the only champion I think could be underwhelming is Vladimir until someone can prove me wrong in a match. He's already underwhelming to play after the very many nerfs, and in Dominion you actually have 20% reduced healing right off the bat, I just dont see it working unless its some sort of full poke team or similar.

Astiahl

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Herpes Clown View Post
Any "strictly caster" champions (e.g. Malzahar, Brand) or support champions (e.g. Karma, Sona). The whole point of dominion is skirmishes, 1v1 fights for the most part. Sure, Malz can drop pool + ult and smash one person's face in completely, but now what? He's got cooldown on his ult, and the game is too fast-paced to be a fish out of water like that. You have to be ready to fight immediately after the first one is over. That's why champs like Akali and Jax are so good in dominion--they're always ready to fight.
There are caster champions that aren't burst mages, you know. Cass and Ryze for example. Ryze is tanky as all hell and because of that a good skirmisher. Cass has a good defense/kiting potential due to her AoE, the speed buff from hitting Q, and Miasma. Karthus as well for similar reasons to Cass. I've also been milling over the pro's and cons of bringing along Taric as a hybrid AP/bruiser/support character since his recent ult change, I can't really pull it off in Classic due to the fact everyone is still mired in the 0 CS support meta and threatens to feed if I try it...plus it costs a lot of gold...of which we have an ample supply here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectiveVolta View Post
I have seen only 2 nidalees do extremely well by playing a backdoor playstyle, they just kept sneaking through the map in cougar mode taking points here and there and healing allies in the other points. Dont remember how they built her, but thats what they did and in both opportunities they completely carried their team by being super annoying.

Morde with gunblade/situational tank item or another gunblade/ga in 7-12 min is extremely, extremely powerful for 2v2s and 3v3s, you can easily 1v3 with that or even 1v4. Also has decent 1v1 burst against squishies and can defend dives quite well.

Same as Nasus, Nasus with Triforce in 6 min? Yes please.
Hm, good point...keep forgetting the whole "Gold out the wazoo" thing. ^.^;

Kaylel

09-25-2011

I agree with strictly caster and also say strictly AD isn't that good either. I think Ashe is just as bad of pick as Malz.