Dominion is less solo queue friendly than SR.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SexualHarrasadar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
People are still learning to play. I still encounter players who are low health and just run right pass the health power-ups.

Just give it time and a sort of skill standard will be established.
I've seen Lux's take clarity, and it wasn't their first time playing the map either.

1st HanarSpectre

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by biginthepants View Post
IMO dominion is full ****** play. Short respawn times and gold per second change everything.

You can be down an incredible amount (100+ pts), and then your poppy or whoever just rampages the entire enemy team and you win.
Summoner's rift isn't all that different.
Jax/Nasus/Irelia spent all game farming solo top, and even though you are down several tower and an inhib, he comes down for a teamfight and you ace the enemy team and just bulldoze mid for the win.

Drakeil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

It requires a LOT more communication and organization. Can't just go around slaughtering people randomly, with no regard to towers.

Kaylel

09-25-2011

I think it is a lot easier to carry a team in Dominion. It is faster and has no phases, lanes, or jungle for your team to suck at. I have only lost 1 dominion game.

Zinthros

Recruiter

09-25-2011

It's because Dominion uses a fresh Elo, where everyone is 1200. That means the worst of the worst and the best of the best are in the same exact bracket for Dominion. It plays exactly like season 1 ranked started.

TakinTheHeat

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylel View Post
I think it is a lot easier to carry a team in Dominion. It is faster and has no phases, lanes, or jungle for your team to suck at. I have only lost 1 dominion game.
I find this true. I insta lock ryze and with my secret strategies I rape everyone.

SexualHarrasadar

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinthros View Post
It's because Dominion uses a fresh Elo, where everyone is 1200. That means the worst of the worst and the best of the best are in the same exact bracket for Dominion. It plays exactly like season 1 ranked started.
Except for the monster that was release Xin Zhao of course.

JoeDuo

09-25-2011

Bad players can easily feed your game away in SR, not so much in Dominion.
But leavers are more harmful in Dominion.

Woodlurker

09-25-2011

This is true. At the moment I have 9 losses and 3 wins, with all of the wins being premade matches and losses from going solo queue.