ip points question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXInsidiousXx

06-02-2010

so can anyone tell me the fastest way to get ip? im going up agains people my lvl im lvl 7 and they already have stitch and ****... i mean geez how can you win against that when everyones go boss champs and im stuck wondering why im only up to 1.7 ip. and i havent spent any

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

06-02-2010

Well, buying an IP boost helps, but then you could just buy the champs.
Just playing a lot really.

No champ is designed to be more powerful than another, just harder to play correctly. They do try to keep a good balance for champs and tweak it every patch.

Fendral

06-03-2010

Don't forget to play at least one game a day to get your first win of the day bonus. Also, winning grants about double the amount of IP that losing will, so try hard in all your games! What I did when I first started playing was picked one champion, which happened to be Morgana, and only played her (she was free at the time.) From there I played her so much that I eventually had enough to buy her, and then I started filling out a rune page for her.

Getting things like Hit Point runes, Magic Resist Runes, and Cooldown Glyphs/Quints will really help out a champion, especially at lower summoner levels. I personally suggest finding a hero you really like to play, buying only them, and then filling out a rune page to make them really strong so that you can win more games and thus gain more IP. That's what I did.

AKA the team

06-03-2010

Higher ip heroes have no inherent advantage over any heroes you have access to.

They most likely paid real money for high ip heroes at low levels. if you dont want to do that you have to play more games. Again they have no distinct advantage over you

Regarding Ip rewards:
- Matchmaking > Practice game
- 5v5 > 3v3
- Winning > Losing

playshin

06-03-2010

Oh right. And you don't get the first win of the day bonus until 22 hours has passed since your last "first win of the day". So you might wanna time it if you're aiming for this.

FYI, high IP champions aren't necessarily better champions. Riot puts price on the champs depending on fun. That's why you'll find that Yi's only 450 IP although he can really own if played properly.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by playshin View Post
FYI, high IP champions aren't necessarily better champions. Riot puts price on the champs depending on fun. That's why you'll find that Yi's only 450 IP although he can really own if played properly.
Yerp... Ashe, Yi, Soraka and Sivir are all rather brutal in certain team compositions and they're all 450.

Play regular games (not practice) for 1x win a day, minimum -- the first win of the day bonus is amazing.