A strategy we should try. Planning only for lategame.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

I dont claim to understand the game yet or know whats good or not, because nobody does when the game is so young.
But ive played every minute available of dominion and my perception right now is that early game is not relevant. I feel you can kill, control points ETC. But the only thing that really matters is the last minutes. One game my 5 man team just decided to fuss around until minute 15 and we were losing terrible. like 400-125 and with 4 points lost. Then we decided to take the game and we did.

So what decide games and how to plan around it? I think the optimal thing to do is to plan for a team that is the best when all champs are level 18. Champs that once fully packed and max level are very powerful. Olaf, Jax, Vayne, WW. Buy items only for lategame like Hat, and the very expensive items. I find that make teams that dominate lategame are the key to winning dominion.

So lets discuss 2 things. What would be the ideal Lategame team and if people tried this and how it went.

I dont claim what I said is true, but that is so far my perception and I would like further evidence to prove or disapprove this perception.

Sinistral

09-25-2011

I don't see how planning for late game would be useful. The sooner you burst down everyone with early game champs, the harder it's going to be to come back from it.

onionreng

09-25-2011

There is strategy to dominion. The thing is, its situational. Depending on whats the haps you have to adapt and conquor, Its just hard when everyone in solo que is playing like they're playing TT or SR.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

the issue with the "all late game team" is that all it takes is a couple really solid early game champions on the other team to dominate BEFORE you have a chance to start bringing it back.

Let's say, for instance, you have an all late game team and they have things like Heimer, Akali and Evelynn on their team.

Until you get beefy enough, it'll be almost impossible to even think about taking heimer's points. Akali will eat you alive because she dominates with an early advantage and Evelynn is so good at stealing points, especially if she has boots of mobility and a priscilla's blessing, that she'll secure a massive advantage for her team.

Even if you DO start to win come late game, (if it makes it that far) they'll have a big enough advantage that they only need to control the map for a small amount of time to finish you off, and as long as a couple of champions on their team translate well to late game, it's not like you're going to be unstoppable late either.

Khristos

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
I don't see how planning for late game would be useful. The sooner you burst down everyone with early game champs, the harder it's going to be to come back from it.
Wrong. Dominion is a huge strategy game. If you have to take a hit early game, do so. I see people turn games around SO EASILY here. Planning for late game means your planning ahead, typically when you have more gold and more items and a better outlook on what the enemy players are doing and have done.

SonicTheHedgedawg

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristos View Post
Wrong. Dominion is a huge strategy game. If you have to take a hit early game, do so. I see people turn games around SO EASILY here. Planning for late game means your planning ahead, typically when you have more gold and more items and a better outlook on what the enemy players are doing and have done.
when I see the huge comebacks though, there normally appears to be some break-down of strategy on the part of the team that had the early advantage.

That having been said, there is DEFINITELY validity in planning for late game and there is DEFINITELY a lot more strategy to the game then "burst them down early." However, just as the late game is quite important, managing to GET to late game is important as well. You can't neglect planning for early game solely to plan for late game.

Keeperofsouls

09-25-2011

It took me a while to see a forms of a strategy and alot of testing with half a team I could count on. As I see it right now you need to have a ninja caper someone that can just cap what ever there team isn't protecting. Rammus is the best at this so far imo followed by Evelyn. Then you need a dps that can handle himself. Personally I like Renekton for this but you can use trynde or some other char like that. Then you need a team to work together that out numbers and conquers, I am leaning towards Alistar in a hybrid build with vayne and akali. They need to be flexable but work together in protecting or taking out a solo defender. Also you can have akali split off to help Renekton as needed. How your teams are split up depends on the enemy. Since bottom at the moment seems to be where people mass you keep your three team down there while your Renekton on the upper half assisted by your roamer when there is nothing to backdoor. Akali will be watching middle point to split off to stop someone from capping it or to push for another if it is unstoppable. You need to be flexible don't get stuck on keep a capture point when it is so much easier to capture something else. If there is 3 against one get something else. Or in another word don't fight when your out numbered. At least when you are trying to capture. Defending you can do it but just make sure you keep them both from capping cause if one is capping the tower is useless and won't help you at that point.

BASICS
If your going to die just recall no point in giving them extra gold + you'll be back in the fight faster. You don't go in there and die that is called feeding and yes you can feed in dominion. If a team mate dives for a enemy hero in a capture point start capping it. That capture point does damage to your ally get it off him. O and chasing when there is a capture point by you = Bad almost always. If he is protecting the point they almost always come back get them then. Over all don't care about killing hero if there not in the way. Map awareness is still a huge thing.

I think you should plan for the whole game not just end game. There is still very important team work game its just not a fully team fight oriented anymore.

dryo

09-25-2011

in my perception,I think it matters more how teams are united,if you let someone (one guy) backdoor a CP without knowing there's a 3 champ gank just around the corner, it'll end up a waste of time, cause they'll turn the cp back into theirs 3 times faster,so I think it all depends on how the team organizes itself and how 2 characters work together on the initial third point control conflict,THAT'S were you need to be most focused on.