@Riot Why no prospectors sheild?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xela Syab

09-25-2011

Why didn't they make a prospectors item to replace dorans sheild? I think this would really help balance gameplay especially with champs that need early defence and health regen.

Metalic12

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

bump

Tomed

09-25-2011

Buy 2 dorans shields

Stalker VPSI

Recruiter

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomed View Post
Buy 2 dorans shields

Doran's Items are disabled for dominion,
same with Bloodthirster / Madreds Bloodrazer and other items like that. because Sanguine Blade is in replace of Bloodthirster, Kataes Blade (or something) is in replace of Madreds Bloodrazer....

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

That's a really good question...but maybe they just thought they weren't needed? Or maybe even OP? Maybe they thought cheap early game defense would slow the game down with too many defending...I don't know.

There has to be a reason, it feels like they omitted a Crystal Scar version of Shield on purpose.

Xela Syab

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
That's a really good question...but maybe they just thought they weren't needed? Or maybe even OP? Maybe they thought cheap early game defense would slow the game down with too many defending...I don't know.

There has to be a reason, it feels like they omitted a Crystal Scar version of Shield on purpose.
Yeah its still bugs me though, i hate seeing health gem and phage as a starting item for many champs :[ I want to play dominion more but I'm bugged by the total offensive approach by riot, the only new defensive item i saw was odins veil and I would've loved to see that on SR. Also I'm not QQing I just play support and tank/offtank characters alot and dorans sheild was the starting item on most of those champs.

ucankurbaga

09-25-2011

Maybe a better question is why isn't there a dominion specific tank items?!

Tomed

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalker VPSI View Post
Doran's Items are disabled for dominion,
same with Bloodthirster / Madreds Bloodrazer and other items like that. because Sanguine Blade is in replace of Bloodthirster, Kataes Blade (or something) is in replace of Madreds Bloodrazer....
what? you can buy doran's shields on Dominion.. just can't buy ring or sword

Stalker VPSI

Recruiter

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomed View Post
what? you can buy doran's shields on Dominion.. just can't buy ring or sword
Hmm my first or second game with Singed I had normally buy Doran's shield in SR but it said "UNAVAILABLE" to me... idk if that was a small minor bug on my part or what. but I was like wth? Because then I saw the other dorans items were unavailable too.

Loliraptor

09-25-2011

Maybe cause they want this mode to be fast, with a lot of kill / deaths, dynamic, thats why armor pen is boosted as well as health regen is nerfed. They don't want survivality they want bloodbaths.