Is Rod of Ages ever worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sevrek

09-25-2011

Some champs have RoA as one of their recommended items, and I was just wondering if anyone thinks it would be worth it? With the starting gold being so high, and being able to gain gold pretty quickly makes it perfectly to reach the max stacks, but wouldn't it be better to get a Rylai's and a Deathcap, instead of RoA? Just curious about some other peoples opinion.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

I thought it wouldn't be because it's an item that gains stacks per minunte...and this mode is shorter. How long does it take to get max stats again?

Lalo

09-25-2011

I tried it yesterday it was nice, the passive that catalyst gives you makes you a very strong defender due the constant leveling, maybe you wont cap the RoA stats but you'll be very close

Grand Xerxes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

i haven't played around with it enough to make a real determination, but I did get RoA on maokai a couple of times and thought later that day that I should have tried for Rylais instead....next time I play I will be switching it out to see how it works. it takes 10 mins to fully stack RoA, so I think if you can get it within the first 5-8 minutes, it still seems worth it to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalo View Post
I tried it yesterday it was nice, the passive that catalyst gives you makes you a very strong defender due the constant leveling, maybe you wont cap the RoA stats but you'll be very close
I think this is also a good reason to get it because that cata proc is pretty nice

Izacer

09-25-2011

It might be worth it if you start with catalyst, and rush it as your first item over boots. It takes 10 minutes to reach max stats.

Sevrek

09-25-2011

Thanks, I'll probably try it.

Phalonax

09-25-2011

I wouldn't recommend it since it takes 10 minutes to get all 10 RoA stacks, going at 1 stack a minute, and Dominion might only take a little more or a little less time that 10 minutes. Still, you can get it should the situation call for an item like that, but again, since Dominion goes much faster than Classic, I wouldn't recommend it as you might not get all 10 stacks in time.

TobiSaru

09-25-2011

i usually just build a cata and then go to rylais etc and get odyns veil if needed with the cata

Danaan

09-25-2011

It takes 1 minute or 1 stack, iirc, for RoA to be cost effective.
Edit: Maybe 2-3, all I remember is that it reaches cost effectiveness very quickly.

SonicTheHedgedawg

09-25-2011

RoA is almost worth it due to the catalyst proc alone, but, yeah, I wish the passive stat gain was double speed in dominion.