Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Tear worth it on Ryze?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bunnle

09-25-2011

Hey, it's an AP champion in dominion. Crazy, I know!

I wonder if anyone tried playing Ryze there. I think he's pretty viable. You can get boots and a tear right at the start, but do you think the TotG builds up fast enough just from fighting champions for 15 minutes to make it worth buying?

espanhol70

09-25-2011

i think he is good!!
i played against him and he is powerful

Diggersby thoe

09-25-2011

Quote:
Bunnle:

I wonder if anyone tried playing Ryze there. I think he's pretty viable. You can get boots and a tear right at the start, but do you think the TotG builds up fast enough just from fighting champions for 15 minutes to make it worth buying?

Not sure specifically on Ryze, but I've gotten tear [Archangel's] stacked as high as 900 on Kassadin.

Veruca Salt

09-25-2011

I've been building tear on all of my mana intensive caster champs (heimer, singed, lux, orianna) in with a lot of success. AP Singed in Dominion is TOO FUN.

Altarnos

09-25-2011

Not too sure about tear, although i heard its effective on champs that can spam abilities in dominion before the first tower run actually starts, e.g. karthus who can spam q in fountain whilst waiting.

However, I am currently in love with building a catalyst as a first item. You level up incredibly quickly and it allows you to cap a node, and defend or potentially capture until you die. Sadly, you miss out on boots, but I have had success using it on nidalee and lux.

DriftingMellow

09-25-2011

not in dominion.

better to get spell pen boots and a mana gem first. You do more damage. You should be gaining gold faster than mana. Thus, it is better to sepdn your gold to advance your mana over trusting on a tear that turns into a ****ty item later (for ryze, imo)

DuckOfOregon

09-25-2011

Depends what you're against (applies to SR and Dom.); Normally start with Tears then go RoA if against mostly AP then to Odyn's or Frozen Heart if AD, then just build more mana lol.

Parkerdude

09-25-2011

It builds up faster then people think, yes it works well.

RandomGuy928

Recruiter

09-25-2011

Quote:
Altarnos:
Not too sure about tear, although i heard its effective on champs that can spam abilities in dominion before the first tower run actually starts, e.g. karthus who can spam q in fountain whilst waiting.

However, I am currently in love with building a catalyst as a first item. You level up incredibly quickly and it allows you to cap a node, and defend or potentially capture until you die. Sadly, you miss out on boots, but I have had success using it on nidalee and lux.

Catalyst only really works if you're taking the 1v1 on the bottom of the map. In that situation, the speed at which you get early levels makes you almost unkillable, but the lack of boots makes you far too slow in any other situation.

At least, that's what I've seen.

Cathari

09-25-2011

Quote:
Bunnle:

Wat

But uhh, anyways. I would think it would be. Considering you have the mana regen from the map buff, you should be able to charge it extremely fast.