Twisted Fate's Pick a Card

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bilun

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilNL View Post
what about a fed tf that just teleports next to a squishy mage and goldcard+rapes them?

even when between the front and second tower he just teleports and kills -.-

i agree that making pick a card random isnt going to work. but his gate should have a slight change, maybe it should take longer before he steps trough the gate (you can see the cardportal but it takes longer for him too show up)?

i found out that a perfectly timed gate is almost unavoidable without summoner spells (what if tf has got flash too? it would make your flash useless (except for avoiding a stun))

This is just wrong. If you begin running away from the incoming gate the moment it appears, you will be out of attack range by the time it finishes. As soon as the destiny icon appears above your head, start scanning your surroundings fro a gate appearance. Most people who get caught do so because they don't start thinking about escape until they naturally notice the gate(where the reaction time of one caught by surprise is vital lost time).

As for your squishie caster: if he's squishie enough to be bursted down from full in a stun and not competent enough to avoid the destiny gate, he simply shouldn't go off on his own late game when TF may have his ult off cd.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applecyker View Post
They need to make the gold card flash a little faster. Too easy to pick it atm.
I remember the days of AP TF when gold cards flashed quickly.

Still, all it took then was some timing.

Kriptini

06-05-2010

As an avid Twisted Fate player, I'm really annoyed that people think he's OP'd and that he's "easymode." TF takes a lot of good judgment and timing to play well, which is probably why Riot has classfied him as "hard" difficulty.

Twisted Fate is not very good at 1v1. He has a little bit better than average damage output, but he's as squishy as Twitch or Eve. Even with his Gold Card, if you actually try to fight him when he ganks you instead of running away, you will probably win. (Unless he's super-fed.)

Or, here's an even better idea: Don't go out alone. LoL is a TEAM game anyways. If you can't survive on your own, then travel with a buddy or two.

And hey, at least TF's ult isn't nearly as overpowered as Shen's.

DotEleven

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
As an avid Twisted Fate player, I'm really annoyed that people think he's OP'd and that he's "easymode." TF takes a lot of good judgment and timing to play well, which is probably why Riot has classfied him as "hard" difficulty.

Twisted Fate is not very good at 1v1. He has a little bit better than average damage output, but he's as squishy as Twitch or Eve. Even with his Gold Card, if you actually try to fight him when he ganks you instead of running away, you will probably win. (Unless he's super-fed.)

Or, here's an even better idea: Don't go out alone. LoL is a TEAM game anyways. If you can't survive on your own, then travel with a buddy or two.

I'm sorry but I think compared to his old difficulty he has definitely become easy mode. From timing and setup, to just auto-attacking? Yeah. And I don't know what you're talking about with him having average damage output. Twisted Fate can do insane things when played by a good person. I've seen him (unfed) take down a fiddles inside his ult, kill a full health Nidalee with only 200 health left, and BD a tower with just a rageblade.

Anyway, all the stuff your saying about not going out alone, or fighting him instead of running away, that's all stuff that could've been said about the old TF as well, but instead people complained because they didn't do that, and he got changed.

AntiSummoner

06-06-2010

I don't want tf to have a random card!

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogJammin View Post
Now this could just be me but....

I think this ability needs to actually be random. I mean when someone tells you to pick a card do you get to sit there and look at the cards deciding which one you want or isn't it a blind pick?

What im saying is this ability (in my opinion) should be a random thing, it's kind of obnoxious when TF can automatically pick a stun card out to go with all that carry-damage and map control he already has. At least make it go much much faster so you actually have a chance at missing it.

OR

Make it so TF cannot hold a card from this ability and use his teleport. That would also make things a bit better. I mean make his ambush a legit approach not some random teleport to one spot while you're holding the best of the 3 cards

OR

Make his portal destroyable when the cards start swirling so you can block his teleport in a team fight if he tries to come in too closely or tries to ambush a low player in an attempt to net a free BS kill.

Discuss.
TF is a gambler, alright? He's a GOOD gambler, got it? What do GOOD gamblers do? They count cards. What does TF do? He counts cards. In a top-hat.

Bilun

06-07-2010

Well the whole point of the PaC revamp was to make picking gold card not need to be harder. The goal was to make all cards roughly equally useful, just in different ways. So it's mroe about knowing when to use what card the mastering a very specific timing which is always the same.

As for making the cards cycle faster: that would basically give TF more of a learning curve, but make him stronger once you've gotten past the learning curse(you can get to the card you want faster).

Sl4sh3r

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post

I am also a TF player and I completely agree with you.

To the rest of you...

I really don't think anyone else in this thread has played TF. He's one of the more squishy champs in the game and every one of his skills involves timing, with the exception of Wild Cards which is useless in my opinion. PaC does not mean an automatic stun like some other champs have and if you mess up it could get you killed.

The blue card is literally the "Ah ****, wrong card, here's your mana back" card. It's useless (at least for my build it is).

The gold cards stun AT MAX is 2 seconds, unless you have a fed TF on the other team or you're almost dead you can get away or kill him easily.

The red card deals, X damage + base damage and is AoE. Once again, unless hes fed or he is paying attention to every fourth attack that's not much damage.

And his passive.. 2 more gold per minion kill... Yea... This is useless.

So that makes Wild Cards useless and his passive useless... And all of you people think he's op? Play TF some time..