Twisted Fate's Pick a Card

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MechaKitten

06-03-2010

Either do 1) or 2). If he can pick a card a will, it's ridiculous for him to be able to teleport with it and insta-stun. If you want to let him be able to teleport anywhere on the map then he should not be able to just pick a stun at will on arrival. He can always land and pick a card right away. And you cannot escape his teleport anywhere near as easily as said. It's fast enough that by the time you see it (remember, we're human and have a reaction time - even 0.5 second gives him 1/3 advantage) you usually can't escape it unless you're lucky. Not to mention he's ranged, so he doesn't have to actually reach you.

He is not useless in team fights at all. His stun card does area slow; don't remember if his slow card does also. And he's dps so he's just as useful as any other ranged dps char. Not to mention his boosted attack speed and extra damage every 5 (4?) attacks. Every game I've seen he can cut down other ranged dps chars (Teemo has the best chance, but still once his blind runs out he's dead). So one stun and he cuts you down pretty hard.

As a "mild" nerf, make his teleport only go where he has vision. Since he sees every hero, that hardly reduces his gank ability at all. It means he can't use his teleport to backdoor (I see it regularly), or port into the bushes near you so you have no chance to even see him coming.

Another "mild" nerf would be to speed up the card cycling. It doesn't take away his ability to pick a card at will, but makes it a little more difficult.

Just saying "use a summoner spell" isn't a good argument. You don't know you'll be up against him until past the time you can choose spells. And if you have to cleanse to get out of his stun, his stun cycles much faster than the CD on cleanse. What about his summoner spells? There's as much chance his will help him as yours will help you, so whatever advantage it gives you, he also gets with his spells.

Being able to destroy his gate is interesting. It would add a strategy: "Do I port in on top of him and risk gate destroy, or port in a little farther away and jump him?" This would be unfair along with limiting gate to his vision of course. Gate is fast enough that it wouldn't be a sure thing to destroy, but losing an ult is always kinda crappy (stuns are teh suck for them). Just another option to consider.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

I don't see why people think players who go off alone and wounded shouldn't be potential kills for TF.

I mean, he is an assassin, among his roles, and going off on your own isn't smart anyway.

Defect

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-03-2010

They need to make the gold card flash a little faster. Too easy to pick it atm.

Runkis

06-04-2010

a cardmaster should be able to count cards, he is the cardmaster after all:P

PapaSmithy

06-04-2010

Gold card is a two second stun that does no bonus damage and can be dodged, why does it need to be nerfed? The character is almost completely negated by armor and is very squishy, if anything he needs a buff to his AP ratios as apart from a 1-1 killer to people who stay too far away from their teammates/the safety of towers he contributes next to nothing.

ProfTayogasm

06-04-2010

cry more its not like i hear you whining about eve being able to teleport invisable. or nunu being able to have an invisable ultimate that does over 9000 dmg.

being able to teleport with a stun card isn't even a big deal its not like he wouldn't be able to do it in 2 seconds after he teleported anyway.

The champ is balanced and tough to play. nothing wrong with him imho

Finryr

06-04-2010

This is slightly irrelevant to the post, but as a long TF player (back when his build was majority AP), no one seems to make use of his ult-sight to be cleanse-able. I have played against only two opponents (out of say 300+ games with TF) who used cleanse when appropriate that I could now follow or take enough time to gate in and gank.

Makenx

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogJammin View Post
Now this could just be me but....

I think this ability needs to actually be random. I mean when someone tells you to pick a card do you get to sit there and look at the cards deciding which one you want or isn't it a blind pick?

What im saying is this ability (in my opinion) should be a random thing, it's kind of obnoxious when TF can automatically pick a stun card out to go with all that carry-damage and map control he already has. At least make it go much much faster so you actually have a chance at missing it.

OR

Make it so TF cannot hold a card from this ability and use his teleport. That would also make things a bit better. I mean make his ambush a legit approach not some random teleport to one spot while you're holding the best of the 3 cards

OR

Make his portal destroyable when the cards start swirling so you can block his teleport in a team fight if he tries to come in too closely or tries to ambush a low player in an attempt to net a free BS kill.

Discuss.
I played TF alot and all i have to say is "ninja Tabi, or dodge runes" problem solved.

MechaKitten

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runkis View Post
a cardmaster should be able to count cards, he is the cardmaster after all:P
ROFL! Okay, I'll give you that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finryr View Post
This is slightly irrelevant to the post, but as a long TF player (back when his build was majority AP), no one seems to make use of his ult-sight to be cleanse-able. I have played against only two opponents (out of say 300+ games with TF) who used cleanse when appropriate that I could now follow or take enough time to gate in and gank.
****, that's a good idea. Didn't expect that to work; cleanse seems meant to remove disables & DoT spells. I know it can't stop Lich's ultimate. Yeah, I've tried it and failed. :/

DevilNL

06-04-2010

what about a fed tf that just teleports next to a squishy mage and goldcard+rapes them?

even when between the front and second tower he just teleports and kills -.-

i agree that making pick a card random isnt going to work. but his gate should have a slight change, maybe it should take longer before he steps trough the gate (you can see the cardportal but it takes longer for him too show up)?

i found out that a perfectly timed gate is almost unavoidable without summoner spells (what if tf has got flash too? it would make your flash useless (except for avoiding a stun))