Twisted Fate's Pick a Card

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogJammin

06-03-2010

Now this could just be me but....

I think this ability needs to actually be random. I mean when someone tells you to pick a card do you get to sit there and look at the cards deciding which one you want or isn't it a blind pick?

What im saying is this ability (in my opinion) should be a random thing, it's kind of obnoxious when TF can automatically pick a stun card out to go with all that carry-damage and map control he already has. At least make it go much much faster so you actually have a chance at missing it.

OR

Make it so TF cannot hold a card from this ability and use his teleport. That would also make things a bit better. I mean make his ambush a legit approach not some random teleport to one spot while you're holding the best of the 3 cards

OR

Make his portal destroyable when the cards start swirling so you can block his teleport in a team fight if he tries to come in too closely or tries to ambush a low player in an attempt to net a free BS kill.

Discuss.

DotEleven

06-03-2010

These have all been things said for a long time about TF, let's do them 1 at a time.

1) Make it random.
No, just no. That would ruin TF(granted now that I've stopped playing him I wouldn't mind him getting ruined). Tell me how advantages it would be if you pulled a blue card when what you really need is a stun. Or maybe you need some AoE damage from red, but instead you get single target blue or gold. Seriously, he still has to wait for the card and choose it, even though it's easier to get now. It gives him versatility(I think that's the word I'm looking for), not just saying "Here, hope you get the right one."

2) Make it so he cannot hold a card and teleport.
Yeah, it'll make things better, then when gate ganking your quarry can get away while you're trying to pull a card out.

3) Make his teleport destroyable.
So you want to make it so if you got low health and he comes to punish you for it, you can destroy his portal and laugh at his face. Way to completely ruin his ganking potential. Or maybe it's a 4 v 5 teamfight and here's TF to the rescue, but what's this, you all turn and focus fire the portal for one second so now TF can't come help.

LogJammin

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetooth80291 View Post
These have all been things said for a long time about TF, let's do them 1 at a time.

1) Make it random.
No, just no. That would ruin TF(granted now that I've stopped playing him I wouldn't mind him getting ruined). Tell me how advantages it would be if you pulled a blue card when what you really need is a stun. Or maybe you need some AoE damage from red, but instead you get single target blue or gold. Seriously, he still has to wait for the card and choose it, even though it's easier to get now. It gives him versatility(I think that's the word I'm looking for), not just saying "Here, hope you get the right one."

2) Make it so he cannot hold a card and teleport.
Yeah, it'll make things better, then when gate ganking your quarry can get away while you're trying to pull a card out.

3) Make his teleport destroyable.
So you want to make it so if you got low health and he comes to punish you for it, you can destroy his portal and laugh at his face. Way to completely ruin his ganking potential. Or maybe it's a 4 v 5 teamfight and here's TF to the rescue, but what's this, you all turn and focus fire the portal for one second so now TF can't come help.
1) Yeah I guess that's an alright argument, I just wish it actually took more player skill.

2) Oh geez that WASNT the point of the idea? Your argument in this is so narrowly thought out. I mean all it means with this gate gank is that you have to use better strategy, know what direction they may try to run to. Just because you see someone with your OP ult doesnt mean you should automatically have full 100% advantage to get a kill on them.

3) As far as this goes. It's a very small window to act in the first place. Also the same thing applies in tihs as it did in 2 just about. You can just put the portal slightly out of their reach. OR you can just teleport in their area and just go find them. They don't know necessarily where you teleported to, you could even teleport on top of a nearby jungle mob or something and they may not be able to hit it from where they stand in time.

God forbid any TF player has to possess an actual sense of strategy in this game. I'm just saying this champ is way too ez mode.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogJammin View Post
Now this could just be me but....

I think this ability needs to actually be random. I mean when someone tells you to pick a card do you get to sit there and look at the cards deciding which one you want or isn't it a blind pick?

What im saying is this ability (in my opinion) should be a random thing, it's kind of obnoxious when TF can automatically pick a stun card out to go with all that carry-damage and map control he already has. At least make it go much much faster so you actually have a chance at missing it.

OR

Make it so TF cannot hold a card from this ability and use his teleport. That would also make things a bit better. I mean make his ambush a legit approach not some random teleport to one spot while you're holding the best of the 3 cards

OR

Make his portal destroyable when the cards start swirling so you can block his teleport in a team fight if he tries to come in too closely or tries to ambush a low player in an attempt to net a free BS kill.

Discuss.
1. Thats like making a tank rely on a one of three chance of being able to tank. Or anyone else with a stun having it not work 2 out of 3 times.

2. Why? Unless he is super fed and you are alone or you are fairly heavily wounded and alone or some combination of the two he isn't going to just going to teleport on you and kill you. Plus going off on your own late-game is a bad idea anyway.

3. Or the low champion can just play smart and not run around alone and at low health? As far as team fights go his ultimate is already pretty useless in them.

Bilun

06-03-2010

TF's gate combo is plenty easy to avoid. Just don't be stupid about it. When his circle of cards pop up, don't just keep running the direction you were already running, he's accounted for your movement.

Immediately begin running AWAY from the circle and you'll easily be out of attack range before he arrives.

-Even if you do mess up and are still in attack range when he arrives, summoner spells can still save your arse

-If he teleports on a stale Destiny(it's already been running 3-4 seconds), try for the nearest bushes to better facilitate your escape/counter ambush.

-Exhaust is always huge against him; it will last longer then a goldcard stun, slows him, and causes all his attacks to miss.

-Using flash to pop his goldcard midflight is a get out of jail free card(since it puts some distance between you and him as well as wasting his gold card).

-If your health isn't super low already you can cleanse out of goldcard and run away

Archfiends

06-03-2010

A little nerf on TF is acceptable , since TF does all jobs others can do, stun, slow, damage, range damage, map control, chase, and BACKDOOR, and anti-invisiable, and anti-ambush, and ...teleport, well, whatelse there is?

Edit: But make his pick random is too much, or it would be possible to use it automaticely and free with random effects in few seconds like Shen.

Edit: some says exhaust anti him, but if he takes cleanes which is far better than anti-exhaust, what stops him?

Edit: Bush can save from Destiny? That's a suiside in most of time.

Edit: Flash can used to anti GOLD CARD? Joke? Think about CD please.

shadowreaperxxx

06-03-2010

i dont think that it should be random mostly because if its random it would take away some of the skill needed to play twisted fate properly

Archfiends

06-03-2010

Wrong post, nvm

LogJammin

06-03-2010

Well yeah I understand why random cards is kinda bad. However, the other two still hold water in my mind. Those are simply just a matter of using a little better strategy and making the diffuclty of the champ slightly harder for what is currently the output to be achieved. It's really not asking too much.

Bilun

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archfiends View Post
A little nerf on TF is acceptable , since TF does all jobs others can do, stun, slow, damage, range damage, map control, chase, and BACKDOOR, and anti-invisiable, and anti-ambush, and ...teleport, well, whatelse there is?
Edit: some says exhaust anti him, but if he takes cleanes which is far better than anti-exhaust, what stops him?
Quote:
Edit: Bush can save from Destiny? That's a suiside in most of time.
Like I said, a stale destiny only. Don't try it if he ports right after destiny.
Quote:
Edit: Flash can used to anti GOLD CARD? Joke? Think about CD please.
As I said in my original post: flash is for when you screw up and don't avoid his ult by running the other way. if you never bother to do so and expect a single summoner spell to protect you from every single time TF uses his ult, you're expecting too much.

My advice was based on the assumptpion that the player has the common sense to not let every TF pop up right next to them.