@Riot Thoughts - Global Buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagata

09-24-2011

I wanted to make a post here on some of the things I have thought about on Dominion.

AD melee characters really shine in dominion, take Xin for example. He can run around and rip people apart. I find this because of the map buff that gives armor pen I believe?

I'm curious to know why give more bonus armor pen then magic pen? Where you can make Xin slightly beefy and still run through 2/3 people is insane.

I'm interested in the process you came to in designing the global buffs to kind of "balance" champions in the map and what your decisions were based on.

P.S. Good job on Dominion thus far Riot. Congrats.

Travosaga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Xin just happens to be pretty strong without items due to the damage bonus on Q. I believe AP casters get just as much pen from the aura in addition to having the 15% from the offensive tree. It should be about equal. Not to mention most characters don't have natural scaling MR.

Crypsix

09-24-2011

I believe the reason they added more armor pen is because at early stages, AP shines out when given M pen. Higher base values agree with this. However, with Dominion, they wanted to promote fights and not laning. Giving more armor pen gives AD's a chance against early burst from mages like Annie, Anivia, and Karma (She does some mean early burst).

I'm not saying it justifies it, but I'm assuming that was the reason for more %A Pen versus %M Pen.

Kachi

09-24-2011

Mages already have 15% armor pen from the offensive tree.

Sidt

09-24-2011

AP has % magic pen mastery. if you were to get that + a void staff, you would have more % pen then a melee with last whisper...i think.

anyways, the 15% pen isn't really much considering how much flat armor pen you can get.

starks + armor pen mastery and runes + ghost blade + cleaver you get like.....125 flat pen i think? on olaf it even gets past 160 i think, however i never build anything other then the starks on him in dominion.