Dominion sucks. WHERES MAGMA CHAMBER!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valteria

09-24-2011

Sorry but we waited so long to play this glorified brand new game mode and map and it's not reaching my expectations, nor most of my friends. I'd much rather just play classic, SO MUCH MORE SKILL INVOLVED. LoL is a strategy game, not "hey let's get this one, then this one, then this one."

expected response to this thread.

"If you don't like Dominion then don't play it."

Well of course i'm more than likely not going to play it. But my complaint is mainly the fact that we waited so long for a fresh new map and this one is just sub-par. Whatever happened to Magma Chamber? That looked amazing. Another fresh 5v5 map. So instead of Magma Chamber (which was announced FOREVER ago.) being worked on, we got this mediocre pile of noob candy. I understand it's a free game but I support Riot completely, I have spent money on RP numerous times, not for the skins and champs, but to show my support.

less dominion, less new champions per patch. Give us magma chamber please.

simplygnome

09-24-2011

Magma chamber was a terrible idea and doesnt work for a number of reasons. /scrapped

Valteria

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplygnome View Post
Magma chamber was a terrible idea and doesnt work for a number of reasons. /scrapped
That's a great explanation. so i'm guessing you're a dominion fanboy?

Atrocitiy

09-24-2011

Broumad? Really stop qqing No one cares.

Dr FeelGood69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-24-2011

Take your QQ elsewhere, nobody here cares about your opinion. The majority of LOL friends LOVE dominion and its here to stay. So either like it or go play SR and TT.

FLG Caboose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-24-2011

Dear Valteria,

IN MOTHER RUSSIA DOMINION DOESN'T PLAY YOU!

and also the only reason you wouldn't like Dominion is if your team doesn't work well together and you don't think about your strategies...so get better team work kthxbai.

TheClunkyMonkey

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrocitiy View Post
Broumad? Really stop qqing No one cares.
Fact.

Crypsix

09-24-2011

I'm completely tired of hearing people complain that Dominion takes no skill.

Basically, for times sake, let's make Summoner's Rift (Counter Strike) and let's make Dominion (Team Fortress). Both games are primarily given the same genre name (FPS) but people play both games differently.

In Counter Strike, you can go lone wolf and carry a team to victory. Sure, at higher level play, you won't be easily carrying a team and then team play comes in. Same with SR. Players with extremely high rating would not be carrying as much against a team with equal or near equal rating compared to if they played a game with low rating.

In Team Fortress, there are specified roles that people fulfill to make the team win. It is much more difficult to lone wolf Team Fortress by yourself. You have to put pressure in certain areas and coordinate with your team to get to that objective WITH your team. A team that has played with each other for a while will usually dominate a team that has not played with each other.

In the end, both games (TF) and (CS) require different amount of skills and strategy, yet still bearing similar qualities (Still have to be good at aiming, good at communicating, good at predicting).

Same with Dominion and Summoner's Rift. Just like there are CS fanboys and TF fanboys, there will be players who favor one game or game mode over another, even if it is still catered under the same genre. I am a player who loves both games and will play both, but as of now, Dominion is my game of choice.

Saying Dominion is skill less is completely opinionated and should not be taken for anything more than that. It seems like you're just angry that you didn't get an upgrade for your type of game mode (Summoner's Rift/"CS") and instead have to deal with people enjoying the new game mode (Dominion, "TF"). Sorry but you can't always have what you want, and in that regards, either try to enjoy it or don't play it and wait for an improvement of the traditional SR playstyle.

Sn0wY

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypsix View Post

Basically, for times sake, let's make Summoner's Rift (Counter Strike) and let's make Dominion (Team Fortress). Both games are primarily given the same genre name (FPS) but people play both games differently.

In Counter Strike, you can go lone wolf and carry a team to victory. Sure, at higher level play, you won't be easily carrying a team and then team play comes in. Same with SR. Players with extremely high rating would not be carrying as much against a team with equal or near equal rating compared to if they played a game with low rating.

In Team Fortress, there are specified roles that people fulfill to make the team win. It is much more difficult to lone wolf Team Fortress by yourself. You have to put pressure in certain areas and coordinate with your team to get to that objective WITH your team. A team that has played with each other for a while will usually dominate a team that has not played with each other.

In the end, both games (TF) and (CS) require different amount of skills and strategy, yet still bearing similar qualities (Still have to be good at aiming, good at communicating, good at predicting).

Same with Dominion and Summoner's Rift. Just like there are CS fanboys and TF fanboys, there will be players who favor one game or game mode over another, even if it is still catered under the same genre. I am a player who loves both games and will play both, but as of now, Dominion is my game of choice.

Saying Dominion is skill less is completely opinionated and should not be taken for anything more than that. It seems like you're just angry that you didn't get an upgrade for your type of game mode (Summoner's Rift/"CS") and instead have to deal with people enjoying the new game mode (Dominion, "TF"). Sorry but you can't always have what you want, and in that regards, either try to enjoy it or don't play it and wait for an improvement of the traditional SR playstyle.
someone should frame this

Valteria

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypsix View Post

I actually really respect this breakdown. Very good point. and I'm not saying I hate dominion. it's just not as good as I'd hoped. I can complain all I want, no law against it. Haters stfu or gtfo.