So Riot, if the Beta was successful...

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neptune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifeglades View Post
Tamat just trolled everybody in this thread. "Release dates sometime this week"

lololol "RELEASE DATE IS NOW!"

EDIT 4: DOMINION RELEASED, FAITH IN RIOT RESTORED, TAMAT WAS HINTING BUT I WAS TOO SKEPTICAL...SORRY TAMAT!

Is there any chance you'll just release the thing? You know, like tonight or something?

It appears to only require flicking an "on" switch - I've seen the mode appear without even restarting the client!

I know you're waiting for the "official" date, probably to hype it's release some more, but I think we've waited quite long enough for something new. So many overly-talked about features have been scrapped or delayed ad-naseum. It seems a bit smug for a company with your track record to delay something that's ready to go - especially when it's plastered all over your site (just look at the top of the page).

Riot could gain some seriously credibility (and stave off the Soon™ reputation) by actually releasing something early for once!
Come on now, how bout it?

I'd say if anything, you owe it to everyone who got excited by the "NOT SOON, THIS WEEK!!!" thread, who were than rewarded with...an announcement for something that wouldn't come out for months.

Sorry if I'm QQing here, but Dominion seemed to run flawlessly during beta, and it's aggravating to think of Riot holding back when we've waited so long.

TLDR:
Yes, you actually completed a major piece of content in 2011, which is great and appreciated.
Now instead of being so self-satisfied and milking it endlessly as if your doing us some huge favor, how about using this as an oppurtunity to gain back some of the player faith you've squandered, and give us the goddamed mode?

/endrant.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Beta has been successful so far, we'll have a launch date announcement for you next week.

OH BOY, SO NEXT WEEK WE'LL FINALLY GET........an announcement on when we'll get dominion.
/sigh.
Didn't we already get that announcement over a month ago???
And wasn't the announced time "shortly after PAX"?
And wasn't PAX like a few weeks ago?
But a week from now we will be given yet another announcement on when the mode will finally be released???

If the beta is successful and dominion runs fine, wouldn't that mean they could release it RIGHT. NOW. if they wanted to?
Yet, after ALL the waiting and waiting and features talked about that never materialized, Riot still feels they've got enough of our patience to string us along for a while.

I'm sorry for this negative attitude, I don't normally bash Riot, but all I see is "Dominion" all over this site, in the game client, everywhere, and it's just getting ridiculous.

lol, well I suppose it's better than nothing. Thanks for the response, I hope the announcement goes something like "Dominion comes out today."

Edit 2: I think what frustrates me so much is this is a perfect opportunity for Riot to please their fans. I've seen so many posts now asking for an hour of Dominion, imagine if you just made a simple forum announcement: "Okay, we heard your requests - Dominion is released early, starting now. Cheers!"

But of course that won't happen, Riot has hyped up all their promised features so much. Now that they've ACTUALLY completed something, their not going to let us play without a huge hoopla beforehand!

EDIT 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Expect the unexpected. All I'm going to say.
Is it too optimistic to perceive this as a hint that next week's "announcement" could actually be a release? Cuz that would be great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artarias View Post
Just one day flip the switch, and leave it on. The hype machine has reached its full arc, and with all the beta we've already played it's not like shutting it off for any amount of time and giving us an announcement will pique our interest.
This.

Belphagor666

09-24-2011

I'm pretty sure the beta wasn't only used to test its compatibility with the server but to also look at some balancing issues. Immediately we discovered that mobility conquered all and that 1v1 champs are the next most important thing. Champions like teemo and rammus who have movement speed buffs in their skills will probably be looked at if Riot feels they degrade the game.

diediediediedie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Riot could gain some seriously credibility (and stave off the Soon™ reputation) by actually releasing something early for once!
Come on now, how bout it?
Expect the unexpected.

lol jk it'll be late too.

Neptune

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belphagor666 View Post
I'm pretty sure the beta wasn't only used to test it's compatibility with the server but to also look at some balancing issues. Immediately we discovered that mobility conquered all and that 1v1 champs are the next most important thing. Champions like teemo and rammus who have movement speed buffs in their skills will probably be looked at if Riot feels they degrade the game.
Yes, and there are never-ending balance issues with the regular game as well, which can be addressed and patched as required.
Not allowing people to play for these reasons is BS.

Remember how long Twisted Treeline stayed in beta? And for what?
I'll add that "shortly after PAX" will soon be over (if it isn't considered so already), and if Riot is holding out because of balance tweaks...then...just...ugh.

NightHawk21

09-24-2011

Relax they said big patch (99% sure this is dominion) like 3 weeks after Riven is released. That puts it at either this tuesday or next tuesday I think (too late to count).

Jarvan Swag

09-24-2011

They need map specific buffs and nerf for champs.

Tithius

09-24-2011

i think they should re open and rework the mac beta.... dominion is cool but its so frustating to see kings that has never play any kind on capture the flag games and just fail so hard...

Sunsoft

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyDragon View Post
The only problem with this.. Riot tried to balance people for both 3v3 and 5v5, and completely destroyed some characters in the process, Just look at Mundo.

Neptune

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyDragon View Post
They've already said they're not gonna do this, which is fine by me. It would take too much time and make the game ****ing confusing, having to remember that a character is different depending on which map he has. Just like Twisted Treeline, Dominion will foster a different meta than Summoner's Rift, people will adapt and deal with it. Now release it!

Neptune

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkman View Post
The only problem with this.. Riot tried to balance people for both 3v3 and 5v5, and completely destroyed some characters in the process, Just look at Mundo.
Yeah, I hope they realize they can't do this if their gonna have multiple modes and maps. Just keep balancing for SR and leave it at that...and I hope Mundo changes are (or have been) reverted.

1234511 ... 13