3 at the Windmill wins games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Untrollable

09-24-2011

Bump

GoldenWalrus

09-24-2011

What happens if they have 3 players who can defeat your 3 at top? Either you let them have that tower or you take a defender from another point, giving the other two enemy players a point to ninja.

Taropat

09-24-2011

I was about to lay out a long elaborate setting that would explain why things are flawed but the best part about a strategy is its opinion and situationally based... Their is a flaw in every strategy.

Untrollable

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenWalrus View Post
What happens if they have 3 players who can defeat your 3 at top? Either you let them have that tower or you take a defender from another point, giving the other two enemy players a point to ninja.
Er, then the other team is using the same strategy, and it's obviously working for them?

Untrollable

09-25-2011

Bump for more cohesive solo matchmaking!

ZIRO

09-25-2011

My team's Dominion start looks like this:

-1 bot,

- 1 mid ->> Windmill

- 3/4 Windmill (the fourth arrives later)

This usually wins us the fight at Windmill, then we just... you know. Do whatever.

NetherGate

11-07-2011

Fail strat bro fail. lol, sorry for the cockiness, but I disagree. I have a thread which indirectly but thoroughly covers why and how, I don't believe it to even be debatable, but feel free, I like discussion and reasonably well mannered debate.

I will say that your strategy is better and more well thought out than most of them out there, however I still believe it would crumble to an aggressive and coordinated opponents team almost every time.

Here is a clip pertaining almost directly to it, I know your strat isn't 2-1-2, but it still applies just as well if not better. Your strat is even more vulnerable.

"The "get 3 turrets and hold them" strategy, is one that I believed in for a while when Dominion was newer than it is now and I had less experience in it. It is a completely flawed strategy for the most part, although it does have its place, like if there is only 10 seconds or less until you win. The flaw in it outside of those circumstances is that you wont be able to hold 3 turrets against an experience team. There is no way. At best you guard your turrets 2-1-2? So they jump the solo protected turret with 3 champs. Then they have 3 and you have 2. It wont last long this way unless they suck. Now, if you have 3 turrets, but your whole team aggressively attacks their remaining turrets, what happens? ****ed if they do, ****ed if they dont. If they defend their 2 turrets, then your other turrets are safe because they arent being attacked, and their nexus it ticking down all the while. If they let you have the turrets and go for your undefended turrets, well, you gained 2 turrets and lost 1 or 2, and you still have the majority. I dont believe Ive ever seen them scatter and take 3 turrets while your team takes 2, ever. If you can push all the way back and take one of their closest turrets, this IS a good place to defend while your team tries to 5 cap. If you can 5 cap even momentarily, you can defend 2-3 with a 2 turret choke point. This rarely holds for too long, but hit holds significantly longer than 2-1-2 holding 3 turrets, and they get their nexus DRILLED. Even when they fight and get back 2 turrets, you are still drilling their nexus. This strategy is a digression, but it does involve agro, and it is also wrecked by agro dumpers."

Thats just a passage in it that most directly relates to your strategy, however, it is still out of context, to more thoroughly understand the subject I'm discussing, check out the whole thread under "Playing for Personal Score Vs. Playing for Win"

Peace.