3 at the Windmill wins games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Untrollable

09-24-2011

If you successfully hold the Windmill, and spread your help to the towers closest to your team's spawn point intelligently... this game is almost insulting in its simplicity.

Don't:

Leave a tower undefended to cap a tower when you already hold 2+Windmill.

Fight in the jungle unless you're behind and kiting them off a tower.

Fight 1v1 on your turret, expecting to win because of your turret.No need to stand there for a coin flip, especially if they pack Garrison.

Do:

Kite if someone tower dives you.

Always be moving. Being stationary for too long is toxic.

Communicate, no matter how lazy or jaded you've become.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbrow View Post
at any tower hell 1 v 2 and take the tower lol
The logic is like this: You have 3 people top. If one person has missing health, they can farm and collect health bonuses. The other two can freely move wherever they are needed, as long as they know their JOB is to defend the windmill -- and they are always somewhere that they return there quick enough if the situation arises.

I'm by no means suggesting they sit doing nothing at the windmill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taropat View Post
Sorry to say but ive won games because people only try to hold the windmill... putting more then 1 at windmill will cost you the game...

With your strategy that leaves 2 people to fight off 5.................

Just have one really good defender (IE Shaco, Heimer, Karthus) and kite till backup arrives...
This is misconstruing my point. What I'm saying is that if you have 3 people who linger around the windmill and realize their JOB is to defend the tower, they don't need to sit there. They can easily move where they are needed, and they can determine where they are needed based on map awareness and watching how their enemies are moving around the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwisatz Haderach View Post
other team just needs 4 to rush to one node they will cap before reinforcements can come once the 3 cap is broken then they can split up
Theoretically, while those 4 are slowly hitting top. Bot is being taken by the 2 roaming bot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenWalrus View Post
What happens if they have 3 players who can defeat your 3 at top? Either you let them have that tower or you take a defender from another point, giving the other two enemy players a point to ninja.
Er, then the other team is using the same strategy, and it's obviously working for them?

Meister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

I would upvote you, but the forums are bugged out. Dominion is remarkable simple; it's just that most people are too mindless to do the dominant strategy. Take 3 and defend: it wins games.

Taropat

09-24-2011

Sorry to say but ive won games because people only try to hold the windmill... putting more then 1 at windmill will cost you the game...

With your strategy that leaves 2 people to fight off 5.................

Just have one really good defender (IE Shaco, Heimer, Karthus) and kite till backup arrives...

You're still having 2~3 linger top... divide and conquer... take the bottom 2, then push both sides... they will have to choose.

schmide

09-24-2011

Fancy pantcy good logic.

Marlbrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Play akali and destroy the 1 person trying to defend lol

Karuuv

09-24-2011

No strategy is foolproof.
While what you're posting is a legitimate and decent strategy, and it *can* win games, it doesn't mean doing this means you win - this game is fluid - any sort of stagnation can be a huge weakness, including just defending 3 points.

That said, I've noticed dominion requires a bit more communication when you're on the losing side, and since a lot of people simply don't, it can make breaking a 3 point defense tough. Once ELO's balance out, however, and communication DOES become a bigger/more common factor, strict defense won't be the only way to go, and I daresay it won't be the best way to go.

Taropat

09-24-2011

Just smack akali in the face... yeah she has high output but no health... people try to run and kite her just ends with them getting killed... I main'd akali for a great deal of time... You kite with her then dive in for the kill...

Pinging does a great deal in Dominion... I noticed out of the 10 games i got to play, no one was pinging at all... So i started pinging very easy to get peoples attention from chasing someone around or telling someone to go get a certain point... While people are mindless drones chasing around singed and rammus, a ping will get them to back off unless they are hellbent on revenge...

Marlbrow

09-24-2011

at any tower hell 1 v 2 and take the tower lol

Marlbrow

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taropat View Post
Just smack akali in the face... yeah she has high output but no health... people try to run and kite her just ends with them getting killed... I main'd akali for a great deal of time... You kite with her then dive in for the kill...

Pinging does a great deal in Dominion... I noticed out of the 10 games i got to play, no one was pinging at all... So i started pinging very easy to get peoples attention from chasing someone around or telling someone to go get a certain point... While people are mindless drones chasing around singed and rammus, a ping will get them to back off unless they are hellbent on revenge...
AGREED KITE AND PING I FOUND THIS VERY USEFUL akali to strong on dominion and I'm not even good with her lol'.

Loomdun

09-24-2011

Usually I just go Yi and abuse the fact I can be immune to slows and run about at 700 speed and higher. Never engage, just capture point after point. Wins me every game