Dominion Meta You're thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FauIty Impulse

09-24-2011

Karma and Orianna are definitely worth their weight for the game mode. Pretty mobile, pretty good damage, and shields to save teammates.

SunGoddessKarma

09-24-2011

your*

Marlbrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauIty Impulse View Post
Karma and Orianna are definitely worth their weight for the game mode. Pretty mobile, pretty good damage, and shields to save teammates.
Would you classify as defenders or maybe a support class which I didn't outline in the original post, perhaps a fighter/roamer? They both kinda feel the same, I love Orianna and can't wait to try her in dominion, I just got obssessed with Rammu's ridiculous movespeed it was so hilarious moving around the map faster then singed lol.

gnomerman

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbrow View Post
This is just my first impression (didn't make that clear at all in the OP) I've only played 1 champ for the most part and only seen a handful of other champs. I'm sure that each and every champion has something they can do in dominion that others can't whether its defending fighting or capping. I'm pretty sure though that your vlad fall into my defender category "a champion who can defend against 2 to 3 champs while not killin them stallin allowin his team to capitalise on other weak points"

Although I had things about op champs what I really wanted to know from every was the roles which I outlined. Do you agree or not with those.
oh yeah for the most part your on to something, I don't know if i would call any of them OP is all.

I seem to be at odds with a few players with the following opinion BUT. I haven't found that any champions are all that OP, now that doesn't mean there are not champions that are better at something then other champions(even way better).

But in EVERY case i have seen teamwork or strategy trump a champ pick.

In the case of my vlad they should have stopped sending so many to try and capture my point and gone else where to defeat my team, hitting your head against the wall repeatedly will not capture you a point but forcing me too leave will.

Marlbrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomerman View Post
oh yeah for the most part your on to something, I don't know if i would call any of them OP is all.

I seem to be at odds with a few players with the following opinion BUT. I haven't found that any champions are all that OP, now that doesn't mean there are not champions that are better at something then other champions(even way better).

But in EVERY case i have seen teamwork or strategy trump a champ pick.

In the case of my vlad they should have stopped sending so many to try and capture my point and gone else where to defeat my team, hitting your head against the wall repeatedly will not capture you a point but forcing me too leave will.
Yeah I found this the case to won 5 games in a row against uncoordinated team then I finaly was up against a premade with strat that was countering my "roaming" strat hard so I had to change it up and start helping my team with fights.

I found that Rammus was very good at (bolded text). I guess OP was just a spur of the moment word, I think what I meant to say was strong. He's strong at roaming. But yes its all bout flowing from 1 point to the next you have to be able to switch up the roles at times making champions who can fulfill both roles good.

I think someone else post this already and I bolded it but the If 3 bot you cap top type thing.

Tekna

09-24-2011

When I first started playing with Rammus, I could just ninja all day. But when people caught on, I changed to go with my group. We usually do pre mades, and Rammus + Ori is a pretty nice combo to cap and defend. When roaming Ori can boost me, and when defending slow them, pull them on the platform and I keep her save while taunting.

It suprises me nobody plays Blitz alot, he is also great with his perma ghost, and he can just pull, stun and silence people on the turret while he is in defense mode, not to mention his passive on his r is great to stop people from capping.

Hannor

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbrow View Post
I agree taking windmill is only a goal within the first minute after that its very dynamic and changing being able to flow and know went to let a point go and and when to push is essential.

The bolded section is what make the game awesome
I can't really take any credit for that part. It's pretty much straight from Sun Tzu.

Edit: If you like that, give this a view. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ve+on+dominion

Vortan1

09-24-2011

give zilean a try...

Lucky Moniker

09-24-2011

ill agree for the most part, some champions are a little too strong in this right now (i.e. rammus) yes he's counter-able, but its gets a little stupid (like morde in TT) its possible but its almost forcing people to play rammus on a team just because of how good he is.
i can say, im not that great with him, but i still won the game (which you just lost by the way) for my team several times, he is extremely mobile and extremely difficult to kill.
several times, i backdoored a random tower, then escaped with all 5 of them on me, i will honestly say its a little too strong.
an idea, make it so you cant stack more than one speed boost at a time, like only ghost, or Shurelias reverie (or however the hell its spelled) or that new regen/cap time/speed boost item. rather than all 3 at once allowing you to go the entire length of the map in 7 seconds

Marlbrow

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekna View Post
When I first started playing with Rammus, I could just ninja all day. But when people caught on, I changed to go with my group. We usually do pre mades, and Rammus + Ori is a pretty nice combo to cap and defend. When roaming Ori can boost me, and when defending slow them, pull them on the platform and I keep her save while taunting.

It suprises me nobody plays Blitz alot, he is also great with his perma ghost, and he can just pull, stun and silence people on the turret while he is in defense mode, not to mention his passive on his r is great to stop people from capping.
I can see ori rammus being an awesome combo with ori being a good fighter/defender sounds cool.

I think blitz and rammus kinda fulfill the same role and while rammus has greater mobility he lacks in fighting (1v1) and defending. Blitz is a much better fighter/defender/not to mention roamer.

I guess it depends how you build em?