Dominion Meta You're thoughts?

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marlbrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

I don't have speed quints, but I ran 0/9/21 picking up speed obviously neutral buff. Also starting with mobility boots ghost rammus roll and flash for that extra head start. It would be interesting to see, but wait WHAT SINGED AND RAMMUS ON THE SAME TEAM

Taropat

09-24-2011

Uhm... Teemo with boots of mobility and 2 points in his speed boost at the start will actually keep up with rammus out to the windmill <_<...

Marlbrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

I dunno only played 20 games but they don't keep up, I still manage to a 3 quarter cap before anyone gets their however without someone else to help it usually doesn't get capped. He is the fastest but no by heaps yes people get their split seconds after but if you have a rammus/teemo or rammus/shaco or rammus/singed you will cap the point unless they have the exact same champs as you in which you'll have to fight it out like normal.

Ballwin

09-24-2011

I actualy did hella good with Brand in Dominion. Just wait in jungle for them to try and capture ur point and stun them then ult them. that + tower can easily take out 3 people in less then 3 seconds. Morgana's ult is the same way. click it and run in circles till it stuns them under the tower.

Hannor

09-24-2011

Whenever I am up against Rammus, or some other Windmill rush champion, I just let Windmill go. If you try to take it after Rammus gets there, the risk of getting owned is extremely high. Just wait for an opportunity to ninja or send three bot and attempt to cap it (especially if they send 4 top).

Capturing Windmill doesn't win the game, what wins the game is holding more points than the enemy. If you cap or threaten bot, the enemy is forced to deal with the situation.

If they leave two against your three, take a free cap.
If they send in three to hit your three, hold.
If they send four to hit your three, retreat to safety. Have your two top take a free windmill.
If they send four against your three, retreat. have your two top take windmill and neutralize the middle point.

Remember, a neutral point counts for nothing. It's very effective to neutralize a point and retreat when the enemy shows up.

FireREGS

09-24-2011

Which kind of characters would become op easily? the kind tha usually have a hard time getting fed, like rammus, swaim, akali etc, its because the free exp-gold giving that lets that kind of char get off its weak phase faster and can become op really fast, while other chars feel less powerful, because everyone is getting fed faster, for example, moprde early almost-unstoppable way of farm would let him get fed faster than the rest of the enemy team, but in dominion everyone gets fed as fast as him, or even faster so he isnt as powerfull as he is in SR/TT
as for strategy i believe the OP got most of the facts, fast guys getting undefended spots are the most usefull and anoying around. they make the whole enemy team unstable trying defend from them, and the rest of the team mostly just needs to be strong enough to win outnumbered battles (or either keep outnumbering them)

Marlbrow

09-24-2011

lol sounds good bro yeah some people are hella good at defending towers

Marlbrow

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannor View Post
Whenever I am up against Rammus, or some other Windmill rush champion, I just let Windmill go. If you try to take it after Rammus gets there, the risk of getting owned is extremely high. Just wait for an opportunity to ninja or send three bot and attempt to cap it (especially if they send 4 top).

Capturing Windmill doesn't win the game, what wins the game is holding more points than the enemy. If you cap or threaten bot, the enemy is forced to deal with the situation.

If they leave two against your three, take a free cap.
If they send in three to hit your three, hold.
If they send four to hit your three, retreat to safety. Have your two top take a free windmill.
If they send four against your three, retreat. have your two top take windmill and neutralize the middle point.

Remember, a neutral point counts for nothing. It's very effective to neutralize a point and retreat when the enemy shows up.
I agree taking windmill is only a goal within the first minute after that its very dynamic and changing being able to flow and know went to let a point go and and when to push is essential.

The bolded section is what make the game awesome

gnomerman

09-24-2011

I think we need to wait and see how it plays out more, because i thought i would play vlad for fun and expected it to be a dismal game yet i was a immovable force bot defending all day 2v1 or 3v1 kept my point (for the most part) and had the best KDA on my team and got the 1st place metal.

The other team had both a Teemo and a signed neither of which seemed to matter cause i distracted so much of their team for so long bot and they could not kill me.

All im trying to say is expand your ideas of what a champion can do for dominion, you might be surprised.

Marlbrow

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomerman View Post
I think we need to wait and see how it plays out more, because i thought i would play vlad for fun and expected it to be a dismal game yet i was a immovable force bot defending all day 2v1 or 3v1 kept my point (for the most part) and had the best KDA on my team and got the 1st place metal.

The other team had both a Teemo and a signed neither of which seemed to matter cause i distracted so much of their team for so long bot and they could not kill me.

All im trying to say is expand your ideas of what a champion can do for dominion, you might be surprised.
This is just my first impression (didn't make that clear at all in the OP) I've only played 1 champ for the most part and only seen a handful of other champs. I'm sure that each and every champion has something they can do in dominion that others can't whether its defending fighting or capping. I'm pretty sure though that your vlad fall into my defender category "a champion who can defend against 2 to 3 champs while not killin them stallin allowin his team to capitalise on other weak points"

Although I had things about op champs what I really wanted to know from every was the roles which I outlined. Do you agree or not with those.

123456 ... 7