Dominion Meta You're thoughts?

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marlbrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

I've learned that there isn't a character in Lol who can beat rammus top when he has ghost flash and mobility boots. As long as I have a teammate who can keep up and help with last quarter, I can cap the point before anyone else can get top so if they 4 man rush its much easier to defend.

I think everyone will agree that in the beginnin top is the point you want to rush. After that its just whatever is closest.

Back dooring is a really effective offensive strategy when they don't have 1 person defending at each point. You can kite for hours without being stopped and as long as you've got good 1v1 champs you can almost never engage in a fight with anyone.

Akali op, rammus op, jax op, singed kinda but rammus better. Heimer awesome defender. AP jack in the box shaco even better. 1 box will stop you from capping and kill you and he doesn't even have to be there. Team work is essential.

Team comps which have worked effectively:
A) 1 x Roamer preferably a mobile character who applies constant pressure to weak or undefended points, never staying in 1 place for longer then he needs to always helping his team. Mobility is essential with these champs making people with blink abilites as well as high base movespeed viable. They may not be the best duelists but they are able to kite hard. Due to building mobility they will often not be able to completely defend a point but can stall for some time until help arrives or another point is taken.

E.g. List: Rammus (number 1 at this), Janna, Ziliean, Teemo, Evelyn, Blitzcrank (is brilliant in all roles) and any other super fast champ. Of course if the situation provides it every team member can fulfill this role as you should be able to fulfill all roles in Dominion.

B) 2 x 1 v 1 fighter champs ie duelists who can rape the living sh*t out of everyone are good at both offense or defence objectives and are also mobile. Preferably characters who can 1 v 2 and kill both opponents. These champions can be Assasins, AD carries or even Mages and excel in killing other champions. While defending is not their strong point they are able to kite kill multiple enemies due to stealth and other mechanics. Mobility is also essential as they will need to communicate with the roamer if he is defending or fighting to either back door a point or push another.

E.g. List: Akali (she is one of the best at this role the master of kite), Jax, Talon, Blitzcrank, Ezreal (Also a great defender with brilliant mobility), Miss Fortune , Vayne, Kayle (mobility and sustain), Katarina (excellent against multiple enemies especially with her passive), Panth, Kass, Vlad (also a great defender), Yi, Orianna (great defender), Udyr, Irelia, Poppy, and a couple of others but these other the ones I've seen own people.

C) 2 x Pure Defenders who can hold off up to 3 people at a time, they don't have to kill their opponents but just stop them from capturing it. The champs are great at kiting and staying alive while heavily denying the other champions capture points. While their mobility is not great (exceptions of course) making capturing points more then 1 node away from their defence point hard.

The best in this role are Singed (Great mobility), Heimer, Alistar, Blitzcrank, Mundo (great mobility with ult), Shaco (great mobility), Vlad (great defence the use of his pull make tower diving hard), Orianna (great mobility and utility), Morgana (excellent ulitmate and spell shield for defending) Soraka, (great sustained damage if built tanky as wella sustain heal), Cass (great slow ability that can be used to kite ad's)

Each of these roles can be interspered and each character should be able to switch roles at any point during dominion, however some champions excel much more at these roles then others and therfore will benefit from sticking to them.

KriskZero

09-24-2011

Rammus + Udyr, rush their mid as 3 of their champions are either at top or on their way to top.

Circle back around and attack top from both sides. Works every time if their team focuses on getting to top ASAP.

Hawk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Wouldn't go as far and say some characters are "OP" or "The Best" but ya those seem to be the popular picks. I wouldn't count all the characters out yet because I've seen characters like kayle who can stall and save her teamates support really well, and Kogmaw who isnt a 1v1er, roamer, or pure defender do really well playing poker and damaging from the outside with tanks as back up

1 Major defender and a back up when needed is good. The rest can be fast mobile fighters but its too early to tell

Fishdontbounce

09-24-2011

no you're thoughts.

Rieam

09-24-2011

Rammus is an op offensive AND defensive player. In all the games i've played it takes way more ppl to kill rammus than it should lol. He can bumrush the points faster than anyone else and he can defend a point with his ult better than anyone due to the awesome moving AoE-ness of it. I havent seen much else other than anyone squishy doesnt really have a chance unless they get lucky. even my trynd skills failed in comparison to alot of the other champs abilities to do stuff. But i need more time to figure the best strat for this said map. Too many noobies playing dominion off the get go and telling them what to do is like telling a herd of chickens to attack the white house...

Marlbrow

09-24-2011

Just a first impression continue everyone

Jadarok

09-24-2011

Then I guess if you don't pick your own Rammus, lets start to think about how else you can get a good start without getting Windmill right off the bat...instead of saying Rammus is OP. Like if yo assume Rammus is going straight for Windmill twice as fast as everyone else, maybe flank the rest of the team trying to catch up and start a teamfight on the road. Rammus will have to stop the cap to help.

On a side not, Akali is not OP...ever get a Hextech sweeper?...ruins her day. They put in those new stealth detection items for a reason.

Marlbrow

09-24-2011

I've played 20 games today 70% rammus and Not once has anyone beat me top except for another rammus. Also If I'm rammus I will not stop to cap, I will cap then help either way I'm capping it whether you like or not

Oh whats hextech sweeper?

schmide

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbrow View Post
I've learned that there isn't a character in Lol who can beat rammus top when he has ghost flash and mobility boots. As long as I have a teammate who can keep up and help with last quarter,
I call shenanigans, I run a singed with speed quints and I usually meet and toss ramus when he has barely started the capture. (think like 10 degrees of capture) Yeah he wins but not by much.

Marlbrow

09-24-2011

lol does the rammus have ghost and flash!! lol

12345 ... 7