@Riot: Possibility of Dominion-specific Buffs/Nerfs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarg338

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

As we all know, Tanks/Bruisers dominate dominion right now. You pretty much have to build tanky DPS on every character. So, for more variety, what's the possibility of seeing Dominion-specific stats (And Nerfs/Buffs) for each champion?

I wouldn't find this too terrible to implement. IT would basically just come down to adding a dominion class to each character in the code and just load those stats when in the dominion playlist, right? (Obviously I know nothing of their code, just a guess) and you can do Nerfs/Buffs from there, basically trying to create the same kind of balance you guys have been doing for SR/TT.

Thoughts?

Marlbrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

I dunno I went straight damage on akali and it didn't hurt me, until I met veigar and he nuked me in 1 combo. its awesome though

The Exalted One

09-24-2011

I don't have to build tanky on karthus, but then again, it's karthus.

Tulki

09-24-2011

It's probably not going to happen, given how few balance changes we get per patch and how knee-jerk they are.

Expect massive Rammus, Shaco, Eve, Wukong, Twitch, Kassadin, Akali and Talon nerfs on both SR and Dominion.

PudgyPants

09-24-2011

they already stated they were not going to balance champions based on dominion but instead balance the buffs on the map.

Sarg338

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulki View Post
Expect massive Rammus, Shaco, Eve, Wukong, Twitch, Kassadin, Akali and Talon nerfs on both SR and Dominion.
Thing is, this is why I would petition for it. I don't want a character nerfed for SR/TT ONLY because how they perform in dominion. It's a totally different game type, totally different objectives (Save for the "Destroy the Nexus to win", but even then, you arn't PHYSICALLY hitting the Nexus), and I believe it calls for totally different Stats/Ratios, and because of that, totally different Nerfs/Buffs.

Zarthorn

09-24-2011

Tankiness is mostly neglected in Dominion due to the faster pace, sustain through lifesteal is good however.

I do think there needs to be some balancing done in terms of movement speed, mages need a proper movespeed item so they are not as niche and more workable, movespeed needs to be hard capped with a global debuff so we don't get Yi's and Rammus'es stacking phantom dancers to run across the map at rapid pace.

Tulki

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg338 View Post
Thing is, this is why I would petition for it. I don't want a character nerfed for SR/TT ONLY because how they perform in dominion. It's a totally different game type, totally different objectives (Save for the "Destroy the Nexus to win", but even then, you arn't PHYSICALLY hitting the Nexus), and I believe it calls for totally different Stats/Ratios, and because of that, totally different Nerfs/Buffs.
The team already has trouble balancing ~70ish champions on SR alone. Dominion flips the game on its head and ALL champions would have to be reconsidered. Having separate champion stats on DOM might make the mode better, but it's going to take massive overhead.

Remember how long it took to bring Pantheon back? How about the Evelyn "rework" that never happened (it was replaced with number tweaks rather than an overhaul, followed by a massive nerf)? The stealth rework that still hasn't happened? Remember how long it took to rework Alistar?

Yeah. Those will take even longer.

Slymerz

09-24-2011

Quote:
im sorry you have no idea what your talking about.

Sarg338

09-24-2011

Quote:
The team already has trouble balancing ~70ish champions on SR alone. Dominion flips the game on its head and ALL champions would have to be reconsidered. Having separate champion stats on DOM might make the mode better, but it's going to take massive overhead.

Remember how long it took to bring Pantheon back? How about the Evelyn "rework" that never happened (it was replaced with number tweaks rather than an overhaul, followed by a massive nerf)? The stealth rework that still hasn't happened? Remember how long it took to rework Alistar?

Yeah. Those will take even longer.
Oh yea, no doubt it will take a lot of time, that's perfectly fine. But it would create a better gaming experience. When you have a game that has this many characters, of course it's gonna be hard to balance them in the main game mode. But if implement a totally new, totally different game mode, you can't expect the character to perform the same way.

Plus, if they find it too much, they could always just hire more eligible people to come in and help them out.