MUNDO DPSES AS HE PLEASES! OR: I swear to god if you build warmogs....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vijaya

Senior Member

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Blademan View Post
Thank you for saying he isn't tank. People just don't get it. I m glad they finally recommended SV for him. It saves a little bit of time. Zeals can be pretty good for him as well. I don't care to much for trinity force on him but it can work. I would say more Attack Speed less damage focus. And mundo does have CC in the form of a slowing cleaver.
A 2 second, skill shot based slow. That's laughable.

Look at Amumu, Alistar, Shen, Rammus, any other popular choice that I'm missing. Most of them have AoE based CC, while a paltry few have targetable CC (and normally targetable CC on a tank means it's a bad tank).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Churles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-04-2010

Mundo is not a tank or a dps, he is both.
Most of you in this thread are too one track minded.
You build mundo as your team/the enemy team composition allows.

If your team has no tank, suck it up and build mundo as one, you say mundo will be ignored, but he still hits quit hard with cleavers, and masochism, not to meantion burning agony and possibly sunfires hitting the enemy team. I have survive in team fights, as a tank with my ult popped, the key here is to have cleanse so ignite doesnt ruin your immense heal. That said, if you have a more "suitable tank" being a melee would be more beneficial.

Mundo can be a devastating melee, with a focus on attack speed, crit and armor pen to benefit masochism. And even though his ult gives him decent sustainability it will not give him survivability, and thus he falls to the pitfalls of many melee, in that he is not viable every match as such. You will not be a benefit to your team, if you have to run away and ult in the middle of a team fight, so you can survive and come back.



With all that said I'd like to mention an item I feel is sometimes (sometimes being when you have very few physical on your team) more beneficial then starks. And that is the ghostblade, its on use fits masochism perfectly, giving you that short burst of immense attack speed, coupled with its already good damage, crit and armor pen. More then that, it can help you out of bad situations with the movespeed boost it gives for a short time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lllllllllllllll

Junior Member

06-04-2010

I can take a tower down as DPS Mundo with Ghostblade before the activation wears off so the tower argument is irrelevant. Also no **** you change the build based on whats going on in the game thats true of every character so don't use that as an argument either. Starting a game on SR as Mundo when you're team has no other tank puts your team at a serious disadvantage. The same is true for Morde. People can play either however they want, but it's no secret that any competent team will ignore tank Mundo. Just like any competent team would ignore Shen/Rammus in a team fight but their taunt, Rammus's stun on PB, and Shens support ult make that a moot point. Look at all the best tanks in the game: Shen, Rammus, Amumu, Malphite, Alister, Cho'Gath. They all have serious amounts of CC. Trying to justify this by calling cleaver CC is funny.

There no point in really continuing the argument in this thread. People who play him as a survivable DPS won't go back to tank, and the people who play him as a tank have never tried him as a DPS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NessOnett

Senior Member

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllllllllllllll View Post
I can take a tower down as DPS Mundo with Ghostblade before the activation wears off so the tower argument is irrelevant.
It's very relevant when you need minions to do this most of the time, and a single person can stop you(not to mention if the other team has half a brain and you try to ninja like that they will cut you off and rape you). I can almost kill a turret in 12 seconds too on Tank Mundo, and won't get stopped by anything less than 3 people. Even when I'm out of minions. I still autoattack for 400s on turrets so...7 hits? even at less than 1 hit per second...its not that long.

There no point in really continuing the argument in this thread. People who play him as a survivable DPS won't go back to tank, and the people who play him as a tank have never tried him as a DPS.[/QUOTE]

I have tried DPS Mundo, several times, it didn't help my team nearly as much as Tank incarnation. I like Tank Mundo better, I have been extremely successful with him, so I'm not going to stop playing him. I haven't been trying to convert people back to tank, I've just been saying that he exists, he's usable, and he has his merits. Even if DPS Mundo is "better," tank can still work if you play it the way its meant to be played. As an off-tank/pusher/chaser/ninja.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lllllllllllllll

Junior Member

06-04-2010

I used to play tank Mundo when I first started playing him. And yes it can be successful, no one is saying that it can't be. Playing him as a DPS is harder as you just admitted, Why would you be off alone fighting a turret anyway if the other team is still alive? This argument isn't about how to do well with Mundo. He's skills are good enough that he can dominate without items for a long time in a game. It's more about his role on a 5 man team. And having Mundo as the sole tank on a 5 man team is a serious disadvantage against a team with a real tank. And if you already have a tank there's no point in stacking health since you'll have no role in teamfights.

Also dodge seals and a tabi and/or a late phantom dancer give Mundo heaps of survivability while still benefiting him as a DPS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NessOnett

Senior Member

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllllllllllllll View Post
I used to play tank Mundo when I first started playing him. And yes it can be successful, no one is saying that it can't be.
OP is...as you can see by anything he has written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllllllllllllll View Post
Playing him as a DPS is harder as you just admitted, Why would you be off alone fighting a turret anyway if the other team is still alive?
You're saying you've never attacked a turret without the other team being Aced? That's just a foolish statement. And if you can see all 5 of them pushing down your mid, 1 person can push against 0 a LOT faster than 5 can push against 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllllllllllllll View Post
And having Mundo as the sole tank on a 5 man team is a serious disadvantage against a team with a real tank.
I've said dozens of times, Mundo makes a terrible primary tank. He's an off-tank, but should still build tanky for reasons listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllllllllllllll View Post
And if you already have a tank there's no point in stacking health since you'll have no role in teamfights.
As I've said, this game is about more than teamfights. Plenty of characters are awful in teamfights. This game is about pushing towers and killing a Nexus, which Tank Mundo just does better imo.

And IN teamfights, Tank Mundo makes a better chaser, since you will often be chasing low health characters and thus not need a lot of damage to take them out, but Tank can take the abuse from the other team and turrets a lot better through the course of the chasing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lllllllllllllll

Junior Member

06-04-2010

I've never had problems chasing through a teamfight as a DPS with his ult and cleanse/ghost if I need it. I always take cleanse, but sometimes I'll trade in ghost for exhaust if I'm feelin' frisky, and I still don't have problems chasing. And I never said the other team needed to be ace'd to push a tower. I've definitely taken towers by myself while tanking the damage of two enemies while playing a DPS. The activation on ghostblade plus the armor pen and masochism just destroys towers/inhibs. If you really want to build tank Mundo just to backdoor, go ahead. It's about all that build is good for late game. I have no problems pushing lanes and towers as a dps since I can generally kills the creeps with one autoattack with masochism and the CDR on visage + ghostblade means I always have masochism on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
Or look at any team that has more than one tank. One will inevitably go tankier, and the other will be less so and more damage/support no matter what. A team can only have one main tank.
Don't be so preachy about your ideals to people who didn't ask...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NessOnett

Senior Member

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Don't be so preachy about your ideals to people who didn't ask...
they did ask...don't be so butt-hurt about the fact that I called you out on being a elitist tool in a different thread


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EchoRex

Senior Member

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
That's ironic, because I've taken on more than that many DPS Mundos as TANK. And though they (usually) win 1v1 fights given that lifesteal DPS is designed to counter tanks, i always do more in teamfights and my team always wins because of it.
The entirety of a "Tank" build's contribution is surviving damage. Your damage output is low. Mundo doesn't have worrisome CC. Mundo doesn't have team support abilities. There isn't a way for you to contribute to team fights more than a DPS build.

Saying that you can do more in a team fight is nothing more than ignorance at best, an absolutely intentional lie at worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
I'd like to take a minute to re-bring-up the primary focus of this game. Does a single person in this thread know what the point of this game is besides me? It doesn't seem like it. The goal, end result, way to win in this game is by killing towers, towers, inhibitors, towers, and ultimately a Nexus.
Then you should be using an item build that makes your chosen champion relevant.

Which means using a "Tank" build on Mundo is denying the primary focus of this game, you cannot push as well, you cannot deal significant damage, and you do not enhance your teammates.

What exactly is helping you destroy towers, inhibitors and the nexus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
Why does this matter? because a full tank Mundo goes where he pleases. I can, and have, run up to a full health tower with no minions as fulltank, taken it out despite 2+ people from the other team pounding on me, and gotten away. No you do not have to be fed to do this, and no they don't need to be soraka and teric for this to work.
Congratulations? You haven't introduced anything new. "Tank" Mundo has ridiculous survivability. That. Is. It. He offers nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
Regardless of your analytical numbers, regardless of your personal views on teamfights. I'd like to see one argument for how its detrimental for a team to have someone who doesn't afraid of anything like tank Mundo.
Easy. "Tank" Mundo does not contribute anything but a lack of fear.

Ignoring analysis is an absolute hallmark feature of an illegitimate tactic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
Who can clear out minion waves in 2 seconds, and push all the way up to an enemies inhibitor turret alone, with all 5 of them Mia, your whole team on the other side of the map pushing another lane/killing Baron/Dragon...and still be able to get away unscathed if every single person on the other team surrounds you and tries to gank you.
Kassadin, Shaco, DPS Mundo, Udyr, TF, and Gangplank off the top of my head can do the pushing and escape after doing so, if surrounded by the entirety of the other team, there isn't any build for any champion that can escape.

Except all of them can actually clear the minion waves that fast.

Tank Mundo cannot. Which greatly increases his time in one location allowing himself to be cornered and focused. And there isn't a build possible that can escape from a three or four man gank with stuns and snares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
That is tank Mundos true role. To push without fear and never die.
Except he sucks at pushing due to low damage output. Attacking once every ~1.3 seconds for 200 damage, before mitigation, and have an very small AoE DoT does not push nearly as well as someone who one and two shots minions.

Oh yeah, you don't want any actual facts used because then it would shatter your argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
Even if every teamfight is 4v5 without him, he can push down an inhibitor from the outer turret in the length of a teamfight if he's left alone like that. And unless at least 2 people go to stop him, they aren't even going to make him back off...and if they send 2, then the teamfights are 3v4 in your team's favor.
Wow. Your argument is now that he can down an inhibitor if left alone because he is being ignored?

No ****. So can minions.

They don't need to make him back off, he is as effective as minions at killing the inhibitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
Why has nobody tried to dispute this point? since it has been the main backbone of my argument, and the tank argument in general, since page 1.
We have.

Repeatedly.

You keep ignoring every response because it actually ANALYZES the capabilities of the builds.

NessOnett are intentionally perpetuating intellectual dishonesty and rejecting proven facts to support a completely misleading and non viable argument.

Just stop already.
_