MUNDO DPSES AS HE PLEASES! OR: I swear to god if you build warmogs....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mingoooo

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
What's wrong with having a total of 85% cc resist, especially in endgame(where in my skill build BA starts ramping up)? as far as your skill build i'd have to try it out before i can actually comment on it.

ok two things here.
I know you may not be specifically saying this, but just because i'm level 26 doesn't mean I don't know what i'm talking about. I can't play all the time(hence why i'm still level 26) but i'm the kind of person who educates himself about the game(through reading the forums and watching livestreams etc) and its mechanics since I can't play all the time. Granted, I don't know as much about mundo as Roku does, but I still know enough about him to know that this build works and that tank mundo is a failure.

I also don't automatically assume that everyone else is wrong, hence why I am actively disscussing changes to the guide with echo7. Just in this particular situation, I know for a fact that tank mundo is an epic failure.

EDIT: now that I think about i think i may have came off as a bit of an *******, but that's in the past and i can't really take back what i said.
Awesome. See the highlighted parts of your own comment? This proves it. You have NOT ENOUGH experience as Mundo. Just reading forums and watching livestreams does NOT make you a good Mundo player, nor does it give you a license to say tank Mundo's are a failure. You are THEORYCRAFTING through just reading/watching mechanics and game-playing styles.

I only played Taric twice ever since I Started League of Legends. But I've read forums about him and watched livestreams about him and know his mechanics. If I write a guide on DPS Taric and say every other build (Support, AP, etc) are a failure, I'm pretty sure my guide will be the best.

EchoRex

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcii View Post
want 1v1?mundo vs mundo?
show me that your build is better
I will. This would make the like 15th person who tried to use a "Tank" Mundo against someone that is using a build that actually works.

lllllllllllllll

06-03-2010

I have 143 wins right now with Mundo out of my 270 wins total. I usually go 21/9/0 with Armpen mark/quints dodge seals and Magicpen glyphs for extra early game damage with cleaver. Start of doran shield on summoners realm. On TT if I have some confidence in my team I'll start of with red elixer and masochism which destroys in a level 1 team fight if someone else on my team has cc or if I take exhaust. Cleanse is a must; I don't play Mundo without it period, and I'm pretty sad about the 30 second nerf in the TR right now. I have a lot of different item builds on both maps, but I tend to get spirit visage first on SR. On TT I've done all kinds of ridiculous builds. I was liking avarice, HoG, brutalizer. Then build ghostblade and finish omen. I haven't tried this build since the removal of crit chance as a base stat so don't yell at me if it sucks now. But I've made a lot of people on TT rage from getting two crits in a row and killing them at full health at below level 6. Activate ghostblade/masochism on a tower for serious lols. I'm waiting for them to fix lifesteal to work with spirit visage so that I can start stacking bloodthirsters. It's still a viable build on TT, but not my favorite. I don't really like bloodthirsters on SR due to the danger of raiding the jungle late game and not really having the time to farm the things.

Then again I don't play Mundo on SR much anymore due to all the scrubs yelling at me to build health. And if I did I wait to pick last so that hopefully someone will choose a tank before I choose Mundo. Though half the time someone picks a tank then changes it when I pick Mundo. Tank mundo on SR is pretty much worthless unless the other team is full of scrubs. You essentially turnw all the teamfights into 4v5's as any competent team will ignore you completely.

Vijaya

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
I will. This would make the like 15th person who tried to use a "Tank" Mundo against someone that is using a build that actually works.
^^^^ Listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about.

Also, read his guide. It's bigger than Mundo's arms when he flexes, and filled with delicious goodness about how to play Mundo properly.

As for the idiots talking about how tank Mundo is great.... it's a team game. You can have a ****ty K/D and play great, and have a wonderful K/D and play terrible. Being unkillable does not mean you are contributing to the team effort.

Pwnacus Maximus

06-04-2010

If you really want to prove this, once I get home today we can queue up together and i'll show you against lvl 30s(which I regularly get matched with anyway) that this build works. Infact, I'll livestream it so everyone can see.

Also, FYI, 2 games =\= 30ish games. Just because I can learn the intricacies of a champion faster than you or most people doesn't make me wrong. Stop making bull**** comparisons, k?

amcii

06-04-2010

Quote:
If you really want to prove this, once I get home today we can queue up together and i'll show you against lvl 30s(which I regularly get matched with anyway) that this build works. Infact, I'll livestream it so everyone can see.

Also, FYI, 2 games =\= 30ish games. Just because I can learn the intricacies of a champion faster than you or most people doesn't make me wrong. Stop making bull**** comparisons, k?
did you add me?........still waitin for 1v1

LokiMogor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2010

Quote:
@Carados and Amatsumero-whatever, thanks for backing me up on this. More people need to be educated on this grave misconception.

@Justdavid: Honestly it's a matter of preference. I like to hit kinda-fast, and REALLY ****ING HARD, instead of Pretty fast, and pretty hard. Both types will work, but i just prefer to see the big numbers and chopping off giant chunks of people's health.

You can also argue that more damage is superior to more attack speed and less damage, because you may not always be able to get off the same number of hits it would take to equal the damage output of a heavy-hitter mundo.

EDIT:

LOL. you must be trolling me now. second best survivability in the game? LOLWUT. when you're getting beaten on by 5 of the other team, mundo's regen means JACK ****. an offtank doesn't have CC? LOL. name one offtank that doesn't have some form of CC. an offtank supposed to absorb damage? also LOL. if they don't absorb the damage, then who will? the Healer? **** YEAH TANK JANNA.

How the hell can you four shot people as tank mundo unless they're level one? if you knew anything about mundo you'd know his damage is pitiful without any boosts, unless he's REALLY low on hp, which you wouldn't be if you were tanking mundo. Also he needs armor penetration which most nooby tank mundos lack.

EDIT:

...Are you high? whatever you're smoking, you gotta hook me up bro.

The fact that he's getting beat on by 5 of the other team in your example, shows me that he fulfills my defination of a tank which is something big and ugly enough to take the whole other team to take it down. ( Waits for the Trolls to Hit)

NessOnett

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
That's ironic, because I've taken on more than that many DPS Mundos as TANK. And though they (usually) win 1v1 fights given that lifesteal DPS is designed to counter tanks, i always do more in teamfights and my team always wins because of it.

I'd like to take a minute to re-bring-up the primary focus of this game. Does a single person in this thread know what the point of this game is besides me? It doesn't seem like it. The goal, end result, way to win in this game is by killing towers, towers, inhibitors, towers, and ultimately a Nexus. Why does this matter? because a full tank Mundo goes where he pleases. I can, and have, run up to a full health tower with no minions as fulltank, taken it out despite 2+ people from the other team pounding on me, and gotten away. No you do not have to be fed to do this, and no they don't need to be soraka and teric for this to work.

Regardless of your analytical numbers, regardless of your personal views on teamfights. I'd like to see one argument for how its detrimental for a team to have someone who doesn't afraid of anything like tank Mundo. Who can clear out minion waves in 2 seconds, and push all the way up to an enemies inhibitor turret alone, with all 5 of them Mia, your whole team on the other side of the map pushing another lane/killing Baron/Dragon...and still be able to get away unscathed if every single person on the other team surrounds you and tries to gank you. That is tank Mundos true role. To push without fear and never die. Even if every teamfight is 4v5 without him, he can push down an inhibitor from the outer turret in the length of a teamfight if he's left alone like that. And unless at least 2 people go to stop him, they aren't even going to make him back off...and if they send 2, then the teamfights are 3v4 in your team's favor.

Why has nobody tried to dispute this point? since it has been the main backbone of my argument, and the tank argument in general, since page 1.

Vijaya

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
I'd like to take a minute to re-bring-up the primary focus of this game. Does a single person in this thread know what the point of this game is besides me? It doesn't seem like it. The goal, end result, way to win in this game is by killing towers, towers, inhibitors, towers, and ultimately a Nexus. Why does this matter? because a full tank Mundo goes where he pleases. I can, and have, run up to a full health tower with no minions as fulltank, taken it out despite 2+ people from the other team pounding on me, and gotten away. No you do not have to be fed to do this, and no they don't need to be soraka and teric for this to work.

Regardless of your analytical numbers, regardless of your personal views on teamfights. I'd like to see one argument for how its detrimental for a team to have someone who doesn't afraid of anything like tank Mundo. Who can clear out minion waves in 2 seconds, and push all the way up to an enemies inhibitor turret alone, with all 5 of them Mia, your whole team on the other side of the map pushing another lane/killing Baron/Dragon...and still be able to get away unscathed if every single person on the other team surrounds you and tries to gank you. That is tank Mundos true role. To push without fear and never die. Even if every teamfight is 4v5 without him, he can push down an inhibitor from the outer turret in the length of a teamfight if he's left alone like that. And unless at least 2 people go to stop him, they aren't even going to make him back off...and if they send 2, then the teamfights are 3v4 in your team's favor.

Why has nobody tried to dispute this point? since it has been the main backbone of my argument, and the tank argument in general, since page 1.
Tank Mundo's DPS is terrible. You might be able to stand there chipping away at a tower without flinching, but what you are doing is chipping. DPS Mundo can drop squishies in three solid hits (I just did that to the enemy teams fed Ashe last game), which means he also does more damage to towers and can knock them over much faster.

Also, 4v5 means that your team gets wiped, and the five surviving enemies are going to push MUCH harder than tank Mundo by himself. I've had idiots try this kind of stuff while running a Sivir/Taric/Alistar/Soraka/someone else with a heal push strat. I love going against idiots who try and do this stuff while I'm using a push strat, because it means I'm going to get an easy win while we destroy the other four under their own tower, then melt it faster than you can say "Tank Mundo sucks."

W Blademan

06-04-2010

Thank you for saying he isn't tank. People just don't get it. I m glad they finally recommended SV for him. It saves a little bit of time. Zeals can be pretty good for him as well. I don't care to much for trinity force on him but it can work. I would say more Attack Speed less damage focus. And mundo does have CC in the form of a slowing cleaver.