MUNDO DPSES AS HE PLEASES! OR: I swear to god if you build warmogs....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
How much HP Regeneration do you need to not die while being focus fired?
about 500/sec

EchoRex

06-03-2010

Now, on to the guide...:

Nice rant about Warmog's and "Tank" Mundo? Because thats the main theme and selling point of this "guide."

Very little content on how to play the champion, and methods of use for the abilities. And we'll just ignore what was said about Burning Agony and hope that paragraph disappears.

The runes aren't terrible, though the CDR runes are a bit of a waste especially if not maximizing CDR from Masteries. Resist/Level Glyphs and Dodge Seals will provide much appreciated survivability boosts without taking away gold from primary (damage increasing) itemization.

Your item build isn't bad par se, but it isn't getting very much out of Mundo's abilities either. Building like that will net you a sturdy Stark's carrier and slower, but little else, relying upon just innate ability buffs and damage to carry you through the match. As others have said, all but the Stark's is dedicated to bolstering survivability much more than damage, which makes the "Tank" and Warmog's rant a bit ironic.

Goride

06-03-2010

The regen actually does add to survivability. Not an extreme amount but it really does.

You have to remember, if you have resists, the damage you take is being mitigated, so the regen has time to heal through the damage, countering it. If you are being focused on SR that is different than being focused on TT, due to 2 less damagers. If you don't have any resist, then no, the ult regen will not add much to your survivability. Just your sustainability after a fight.

Also, remember that your own abilities cost HP, and that damage is unmitigated. For instance, you want to keep the AoE up, because of the extra damage and the CC reduction. But that is costing you a fair amount of HP per second, unmitigated. Regen counters this, keeping you from hurting yourself as much.

Also, I don't usually stack HP, but think of it this way: If you are taking lets say 100 damage a second from your abilites, and you have 2000 hp, you are doing 5% damage per second to yourself. If you had 4000hp you would be doing 2.5% per second. Not that you would normally have 4k hp, but my point is, the more hp you have the less damage you do to yourself percentage wise. Also the more HP you have the higher your regen and ult regen to counter ability damage and enemy damage.

But again, pure tank builds on mundo aren't the best. On TT I actually like to build Spirit visage, emblem of valor, last whisperer, then build resist items.

Anxy

06-03-2010

no tank mundo would ever level his damage based on missing hp skill ~.~

mundo makes a great tank why? because he can run in there with two sunfire capes, warmogs and shiz with his aoe around him damage skill and ult on and still survive the process. allowing everyone to jump on him while your team jumps on everyone else. by the time your dead their team has lost the advantage and your team if good will shizzle them to oblivion.

Mundo is a great tank, one of the holy unsung heroes of the tanking world :P

also none tank mundo's i eat for breakfast :P

Pwnacus Maximus

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
Now, on to the guide...:

Nice rant about Warmog's and "Tank" Mundo? Because thats the main theme and selling point of this "guide."

Very little content on how to play the champion, and methods of use for the abilities. And we'll just ignore what was said about Burning Agony and hope that paragraph disappears.

The runes aren't terrible, though the CDR runes are a bit of a waste especially if not maximizing CDR from Masteries. Resist/Level Glyphs and Dodge Seals will provide much appreciated survivability boosts without taking away gold from primary (damage increasing) itemization.

Your item build isn't bad par se, but it isn't getting very much out of Mundo's abilities either. Building like that will net you a sturdy Stark's carrier and slower, but little else, relying upon just innate ability buffs and damage to carry you through the match. As others have said, all but the Stark's is dedicated to bolstering survivability much more than damage, which makes the "Tank" and Warmog's rant a bit ironic.
Ok I can't deny that I don't really discuss HOW to play DPS mundo, but that will be remedied soon. I see frozen mallet as a hybrid dps/survivability item, and i simply don't build anything else because at this point the game is usually about to end, so i can use my last item slot for whatever i please.

What was wrong with what I said about burning agony? i don't see any point in leveling it past one untill after you get maxed cleaver and machoism.

EchoRex

06-03-2010

Instead of a Mallet, you can take an Aegis and gain better survivability and gold left over to start and then finish a Brutalizer. Giving you both better damage output, better survivability and more than just Stark's team buffs. It would be a Health Crystal, followed by Brutalizer, then finish the Aegis.

As for BA:
The last point in Masochism can wait till you have BA at rank three without giving yourself a noticeable change in damage, but noticeably better farm and reduced CC time when building boots that gives you something you don't do innately and won't stack to noticeable effect with said ability.

Even the last point into Cleaver can wait due to how the damage between rank four and rank five is not significantly increased except on the minimum damage when it has the least effect. Especially as both the percentage and minimum damage amounts are reduced by magic resist.

Burning Agony allows you to both farm/push better and to skip the next to mandatory on everyone else boots in favor of better tower and PhysCarry "tank"ing. Or easier, and more aggravating to the opponents, chasing and escaping. Its something like: Q E W Q Q R E W Q E W E Q E W W R R

Burning Agony is one of the best non ultimates in the game. If it did higher damage or buffed in any other way it would by all rights BE an ultimate.
_

amcii

EchoRex

06-03-2010

You had just under 20k gold.

And almost half was DPS items.

And you had just under 20k gold.

Notice a theme?

mingoooo

06-03-2010

When a level 26 Summoner writes a guide about a champion that the writer has only 14 wins with...of course people will follow it without question. You tell other people they are wrong for simply playing Mundo in a different style, and straight up swears at their face. You are not even 30 yet, nor do you have much experience with Mundo judging from your number of wins with Mundo (14 wins). You wrote a guide many people will disagree with you. Be open to criticism and don't just assume everyone else is wrong.

Pwnacus Maximus

06-03-2010

What's wrong with having a total of 85% cc resist, especially in endgame(where in my skill build BA starts ramping up)? as far as your skill build i'd have to try it out before i can actually comment on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingoooo View Post
When a level 26 Summoner writes a guide about a champion that the writer has only 14 wins with...of course people will follow it without question. Of course, the guide writer tells other people they are wrong for simply playing Mundo in a different style, and straight up swears at their face. You are not even 30 yet, nor do you have much experience with Mundo judging from your number of wins with Mundo (14 wins). Also, you wrote a guide. Many people will disagree with you. Be open to criticism and don't just assume everyone else is wrong.
ok two things here.
I know you may not be specifically saying this, but just because i'm level 26 doesn't mean I don't know what i'm talking about. I can't play all the time(hence why i'm still level 26) but i'm the kind of person who educates himself about the game(through reading the forums and watching livestreams etc) and its mechanics since I can't play all the time. Granted, I don't know as much about mundo as Roku does, but I still know enough about him to know that this build works and that tank mundo is a failure.

I also don't automatically assume that everyone else is wrong, hence why I am actively disscussing changes to the guide with echo7. Just in this particular situation, I know for a fact that tank mundo is an epic failure.

EDIT: now that I think about i think i may have came off as a bit of an *******, but that's in the past and i can't really take back what i said.