MUNDO DPSES AS HE PLEASES! OR: I swear to god if you build warmogs....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

06-03-2010

Also, HP Regeneration isn't survivability.

Pwnacus Maximus

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
I stated that a while ago, saying that mundo's passive and ultimate don't mean **** when you're getting beat on, but they obviously skipped over that point.

RiotFluf

VP of People

06-03-2010

if you really want to play mundo effectively, and hear why/how, just watch Roku's stream and take his build/thoughts to heart.

http://www.livestream.com/roku/folde...9-07f9559ad769

He's almost certainly the strongest Mundo player in LoL (and the only high ELO mundo I've played against, Mundo is almost never seen, though i think he's viable).

Mundo is not a strong tank, and if you are playing to win should be played as a melee DPS. Of course you can win with tank Mundo, but his innate abilities make him an incredibly brutal early/mid game melee carry, and a very poor late game tank (teams can just run right past him and ignore him). Masocism means by lv 9/10 you can hit for 200+ and absolutely demolish squishes. Boots + spirit visage + starks gives your enough survivability to effectively fill your melee dps role, while still doing very high dmg.

Booty Colin

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
lol @ DPS Mundo XD. Makes me laugh so much...you get 1 skill slightly better at the cost of all 3 of your others. Lern 2 offtank.

you're entitled to your opinion, but you share a lot with the third reich if you're gonna sit there and tell people they're wrong for thinking differently than you..

Godwin's Law. although i like tankyish hard hitting atmas+FoN+healthy type items, you automatically lose.

Andrealphus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

So, when you are tanking (as anyone) you want to balance armor, MR, and HP to most efficiently increase your effective health. To make things simpler, say the other team is mostly physical damage. Say you currently have 2000 hp; in a team fight with your ultimate on your effective health will be multiplied by at best 1.5, not doubled:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
So having nearly double health every fight is a bad thing?
Thus you have effectively 3000 health. Now say you buy a giant's belt (which gives you more hp per gold than warmog's). The giant's belt gives 430 hp, which increases your effective hp by 430*1.5 = 645. Instead, for the about same price, you could buy about 70 armor (based on armor per gold of a chain vest). Each point of armor increases your effective health against physical attacks by 1%, so your effective hp would be 1.70*3000 = 5100, a 2100 hp increase.

2100 > 645

Now obviously this is an ideal case and the calculations are rough, and you'd usually have to get armor and MR, but the point is pretty clear. Not only is hp stacking less effective, but makes you more vunerable to hp based attacks, like other mundo's cleavers and DFG. Your passive also scales with hp, but health regen is more important early game (another reason not to get warmogs), and the same argument applies anyway.

As for DPS vs. Tank Mundo, I usually build similar to Pwnacus. If others wanna build tank, that's fine by me, haha, what bugs me is when ppl get on my case in game for not stacking warmog's. Disregarding armor pen, etc. DPS = dmg*(attack speed)*(1+ crit chance), so the more dmg you have, the more valuable crit and attack speed are, and since mundo already has a lot of damage, I usually avoid inf edge and blood thirster and go for starks and zeal/PD, but again, whatever floats your boat.

Lastly, for those who play tank Mundo, I will usually just ignore tank Mundos and go after the squishies, how do you stop this? If your answer is by attacking back, wouldn't you be less ignorable with more damage?

EchoRex

06-03-2010

Ok.

Yeah.

I'll get to the guide in a few minutes.

For all of the people who are trying to debate Tank versus DPS item builds:

There are three ways to make your presence not ignorable in a fight. These are damage output, debuffing of opponents, and buffing teammates. If you cannot perform any of these three in a significant role, you are irrelevant.

What does Mundo have that helps the team? Damage output and not a liability for surviving enemy contact. Notice nothing that provides debuffs for opponents or buffs for the team, as in nothing that helps the team if you're not dealing damage.

What does a tank item build offer Mundo? It offers ridiculous survivability due to severely decreased incoming damage while having high regen. Notice that again there is nothing that helps the team due to your lack of damage output increasing items.

What does a DPS item build offer Mundo? High damage output and moderate survivability when constructed properly. Notice how you're increasing your only method of being a presence in a fight.

There is not a single scenario where a Tank build will out perform a DPS build against opponents that know what the champions in this game are capable of performing.

Surviving because you are ignorable due to your sub 200 DPS auto attacking, your ~300 damage cleaver spam, and your ridiculous damage absorption is not going to help a team win games. I lie, it will help your opponents' teams win games.

Players of "Tank" Mundo feel they "do well" because they are very hard to kill and are ignorable to the point that people dismiss them, allowing them to rack up Cleaver spam and sub 10% of total damage done "assists."

If you play a "Tank" Mundo, you're bad and you should feel bad. You're severely gimping your team compared to what is possible. If you want to Tank, pick a Tank. If you want to Mundo, you're a DPS.

Ebonclaw

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Then you're doing it wrong.

Especially when you're talking about someone with such high innate passive regen, and built in methods to facilitate escape by shrugging off CC, and slowing pursuers.

amcii

06-03-2010

add me ingame..
amcii
and lets do a 1v1

Carados

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post
Then you're doing it wrong.
How much HP Regeneration do you need to not die while being focus fired?

TooPro4u

06-03-2010

woah bro just stack 5 sunfire capes throw on your boots of mobility and get the **** in there lol