MUNDO DPSES AS HE PLEASES! OR: I swear to god if you build warmogs....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omgacow

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
Tell that to Nasus and Blitzcrank. Nasus doesnt have the initiation to be a main tank, and Blitz doesn't have the survivability for it either.

Or look at any team that has more than one tank. One will inevitably go tankier, and the other will be less so and more damage/support no matter what. A team can only have one main tank.
Lifesteal Nasus>Tank Nasus
Tanky AP Blitz>Whatever the hell you build on him
DPS Mundo>Warmogs Mundo

Mr Wind Up Bird

06-05-2010

I like the new build better. I know Roku likes to jam the bloodthirsters and does well, but I think that has more to do with him being Roku than with bloodthirsters being optimal. crits seem a lot sexier than AD with masochism on.

lllllllllllllll

06-05-2010

I have a feeling bloodthirsters are probably going become a flavor of the month build on Mundo when they change lifesteal to work with spirit visage. It's already an amazing build provided you know how to not die. I don't use it much on SR due to the lack of time and danger in farming creeps late game, but it's great on TT with its jungle.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

06-05-2010

What...? I never ever use bloodthirsters....

Doran's shield -> Spirit visage -> boots -> starks -> merc treads is what I go.

Other decent items for Mundo are:

Frozen Mallet
Atmas
Last Whisper

Phantom Dancer and Warmogs are -not- optimal whatsoever, sorry. PD is a huge waste of gold for the stats you get, and warmogs is just extremely superfluous. Just being aware of your positioning should keep you alive, not having a huge chunk of health so you can be silly and are less effective.

Amaterasuomikami

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
What...? I never ever use bloodthirsters....

Doran's shield -> Spirit visage -> boots -> starks -> merc treads is what I go.

Other decent items for Mundo are:

Frozen Mallet
Atmas
Last Whisper

Phantom Dancer and Warmogs are -not- optimal whatsoever, sorry. PD is a huge waste of gold for the stats you get, and warmogs is just extremely superfluous. Just being aware of your positioning should keep you alive, not having a huge chunk of health so you can be silly and are less effective.
Is Spirit Visage really that great on him? It might be my personal playstyle but i havent found it to be of incredible effectiveness. I do sometimes get it with a nuke-heavy AP team for the MR and the increased regen which has saved my arse

Its prob just a difference in playstyles.

+1 to what you said about PD and Warmogs, far to expensive for the benefits, as well as positioning [which honestly is far more important then anything]

Id also like to add-
Ghostblade to the list, it has some very nice synergy with DPS mundo

Carados

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasuomikami View Post
Is Spirit Visage really that great on him?
The main thing is it, with runes, gives you 100% uptime of Masochism and covers your health costs for the entire game unless you just leave Sadism on.

lllllllllllllll

06-05-2010

Spirit Visage is just a really cheap item so its easy to farm it before level 6. At which point you become a roaming death machine. Unless your team has another designated ganker of course, but even then it keeps you alive forever. Spirit visage + brutalizer puts your ult on a 45 sec cooldown meaning you have no reason to return to base and no need for more health unless you play like a reckless ******.

Silverdevilboy

06-05-2010

Ok, I agree that mundo is DPS. However, you're doing it very very wrong.

Mundo gets his damage from Masochism and Atk speed/crit. This makes the usual build stacking zeal and last whisper/other atk speed/crit items.

However, he has SPAMMABLE skills.

This means that an item that nobody would risk on mundo WORKS.

Sheen. You can proc it every 3 seconds, and it boosts your masochism damage even more.

My build: Doran's + HP pot

Then boots 1, sheen, avarice blade, zeal, boots 2 of your choice (tabi/merc/swiftness SOMETIMES.), then phage, build to trin force, then brutaliser -> Yoummu's.

8k build, most games are over now. If now, starks, zeal -> PD, visage are all good options, as would a decent survivability item.

At 18 with trin and yoummu's, you can Masochism Trincrit for 1900 base damage (i.e. before armor) while very low HP, making that chaser REALLY regret it.

I daren't calculate what happens if you farm up an IE after this, but it would be scary.

Pwnacus Maximus

06-05-2010

Wow. I never actually thought of that. I'll have to test it out to see if it works. I'll admit i've never considered it because of the mana part of it o.o

Silverdevilboy

06-05-2010

I'm seriously considering explaining this to my team before the game starts, so they don't rage, then opening with a blue crystal and 2 pots :P

But yeah, as a basic build, IE is not the best item to go for. It's what you get when you don't already have AD, and masochism is like already having an IE in damage terms.

Starks, Zeals, Yoummu's are probably better items if you don't want to go sheen->trin force.