Akali question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naphtal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-03-2010

does anyone know what is akali's main damage base? is it mostly magic or physical? cuz i m getting confused on whether to focus on AP or AD or how to counter w/ PR or MR. i know mark is magical and so is her ulti. but her crecent seems like a mix. please help, thank you

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

I recommend the exact opposite. You need to mix both. Why? AP makes her AD more effective. Essentually, you want to get AP early game so you can burst like a beast. My two first items are always a Rageblade and a Rylies. With those two items you can then move into AD land and be getting 40+% additional damage out of your AD items. Start stacking Bloodthirsters or whatever else and your damage climbs to absurd levels. For even more fun, grab another AP or hybrid item and suddenly your BF swords are are worth 80AD instead of 50. Absolutely brutal.

In short, Akali is a real hybrid character. You should do enough ability damage to hurt armor stacking, and enough physical damage to break MR stacking. If the entire enemy team is stacking one, you can lean towards the other damage type.

Exothermic Kiwi

06-03-2010

dorans blade + atk masteries for the passive early, then boots, rylais' and all 3 snowball items of doom

Kurugi

06-03-2010

I would say AP takes precedence on Akali. Her main source of damage is from Q, and both the damage of Q itself and the bonus damage applied to your next attack is magic damage.

I find getting a Rageblade to give Akali all the AD she needs. Other than that I generally focus on pumping AP.

Domitan

06-03-2010

Akali is a ***** to counter I've determined.

I've played 20+ games and I keep checking my damage output after each game..
It turns out that despite only getting doran's blade for her passive and from then on getting AP items my damage output is usually ~60% physical and ~40% magical.

Common damage output might be like..

• Magic Damage Dealt: 32,000
  • Physical Damage Dealt: 45,000

I haven't come up with a good explanation other than using her E on creep waves might make the Phys. damage appear higher.

Kurugi

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitan View Post
Akali is a ***** to counter I've determined.

I've played 20+ games and I keep checking my damage output after each game..
It turns out that despite only getting doran's blade for her passive and from then on getting AP items my damage output is usually ~60% physical and ~40% magical.

Common damage output might be like..

• Magic Damage Dealt: 32,000
  • Physical Damage Dealt: 45,000

I haven't come up with a good explanation other than using her E on creep waves might make the Phys. damage appear higher.
Most of your burst and killing power comes from magic damage though. Your phys damage is going to get skewed since your one physical damage ability happens to be your one AoE.

Temlam

06-03-2010

rage blade, the new upgraded hexgun thing that has a 300 magic damage attack with a slow, rylais, zhonyas.

burst comes from magic, as said. passive increases the damage from your normal attacks enough, end game akali normal attacks are doing like 220+150 magic damage.

however, I have reached the point before where i was very very fed, and had like 85% extra magic damage added to physical and said screw it and bought a bf sword lol. But you'll find that with the targets you should be picking out, you will likely do very little auto attacking aside from when you decimate a tower with extreme pwnage.

Domitan

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurugi View Post
Most of your burst and killing power comes from magic damage though. Your phys damage is going to get skewed since your one physical damage ability happens to be your one AoE.
I agree completely, just pointing out the damage was confusing :P and Temlam, I disagree with the Gunblade not because it's useless but it doesn't provide that which akali really needs. Sure it gives some solid damage and ap but you can get that elsewhere, and cheaper. The steal is ok but has a low impact if you play her as a burst in - burst out kind of champion as her skills seem to lean her towards. All in all I just consider it too expensive.

HotsauceShoTYME

06-03-2010

Brutalizer on her mid game makes crescent slash hit hard. Don't underestimate this item when you start leveling crescent.

Other than brut and rageblade stack AP. Slash scales twice as good with AD but AP costs half as much.

Have not played with ehr since patch but the new gunblade looks like its made for her.