Quick Heimer discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inadequate Mouse

09-24-2011

So, I've been wondering how other people have been doing with Heimer in Dominion. Tell me your experiences and I'll tell you mine?

LepidusRayne

09-24-2011

went 9-0 with heimer, and 1800 points. He is ridiculously good in dominion. Just play the kiting game and gg. Missles outrange everthing but the longest pokes. I build early rylai's for health and slow. I've gotten triple kills solo defending a turret. It also doesn't matter about creeps because he can kill a mass of minions faster than almost any other hero. It's fun to watch tryndamere come blazing in let him get a hit or two on me to make him cocky then kite him around till he pops endless rage, let him get real close and then flash across the turret. I've probably done this six or seven times in game already. I literally hold our bottom turret against most groups of 2-3 and push onto their turret constantly unless multiple champions are defending. Epic last stands too.

Mental Atrophy

09-24-2011

Experiences were mostly good. Built Heimerdinger kind of weird and tanky, with Warmog's and Guardian Angel. General strategy was to focus on holding two adjacent nodes, which I could do for a very long time while under fire from multiple champions. Turret damage adds up while I kite around the tower with Boots of Swiftness. Very depressing when I hold off a 3v1 and nobody is capping other nodes though, but I'm sure players will get better as we delve into Dominion more. Score is a mixed bag--while I usually had equal or greater captures/neutralizations, I miss out on a lot of kills. I found myself especially successful when we had good jungle control from a smart Rammus (notice a lot more people playing him for this mode, though many of them seemed somewhat clueless and inexperienced with the champion). Tanky builds seem to work because I can't be ignored or I will interrupt their capture attempt.

LepidusRayne

09-24-2011

the worst is to see a rammus that then walks to top instead of ghost balling there and easily capping it before the other team reaches you.

Stun Bot

09-24-2011

Got a Quadra kill with heimer, won 90% of games i used him in so far. He needs a good team with him but hes a very good person 2 send bot so you can send 4 top asap.
http://imageshack.us/f/193/heimerdingerquadrakilld.png/

GeneralSpecific

09-24-2011

Hes probably the most powerful mage in dominion just because he can kite defend against a frontal attack so well

Talamare

09-24-2011

Im a pretty bad Heimer and managed to hold the enemy mid for about a full minute with Heimer

Hes definitely a solid pick

Inadequate Mouse

09-24-2011

OP here (in case you don't check the names <,<)- I don't really see why people are building armor and health, though. I do very well building straight AP with an early death cap. I don't even kite, just destroy people with my rockets and ulted turrets, or my E if they're juuuuuuuuust about to run (false hope ftw?)

1ucky

09-24-2011

Seems gud to me so far...

even though it's my first match...

lu to kill

09-24-2011

Heimer is useful in this game mode... if you want to defend a point then you can put some turrets around while u wait.