@Riot: The Global Dominion Buff to Change Trends?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

On State of the League, they were talking about how AD seems so popular compared to AP because there is a 15% ArPen buff and only a 5% MPen buff. They said the easiest way to adjust this without compromising any champ on SR is to adjust the global buff for the Dominion map. If you guys see that AD continues to dominate the map, will you adjust the global buff to include an expanded mana pool/mana regen, increased MPen, or decreased ArPen?

I don't play mages often but as of right now it is really dominated by AD and any nerf/buffs can be accomplished easily just through the global map buff and will have no affect on SR balance.

The global buff you guys created is an awesome way to tweak gameplay without imbalancing gameplay on other modes so props to that.

EDIT: Meant to include Adjusting in the title.

EDIT 2: I'm not saying do this right away seeing how a very small number of people have tried the mode and more AP could counter the popular Rammus pick so we can ban something else.

Kachi

09-24-2011

You already get 15% magic pen in the offensive tree. So it evens out.

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachi View Post
You already get 15% magic pen in the offensive tree. So it evens out.
They could decrease the ArP global buff or increase the mana pool or regen rate.

Kachi

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melogrunty View Post
They could decrease the ArP global buff or increase the mana pool or regen rate.
I was just saying, AD characters aren't getting anything every caster doesn't already have. Yes, mana regen buff is already there. Dunno about mana pool, that could work in theory.

Melogrunty

09-24-2011

The reason I bring up mana pool is due to people being used to stacking ToG and the game isn't really long enough to do that.

Truth3w3

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachi View Post
I was just saying, AD characters aren't getting anything every caster doesn't already have. Yes, mana regen buff is already there. Dunno about mana pool, that could work in theory.
Works for Ryze.

Kachi

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melogrunty View Post
The reason I bring up mana pool is due to people being used to stacking ToG and the game isn't really long enough to do that.
Rod of ages is still an amazing item on any caster. Solves both health and mana problems, and gives AP. No, you aren't going to get the "full" benefit from it in a dominion game, but it's more than enough to even the odds.