Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

CDR most underrated stat on D?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowsaint

09-24-2011

Considering battles are happening nearly 50% more often than SR and even TT dont you think reaching that coveted 40% is going to be super effective? I personally am going to try it on Leblanc who so far I have been doing really well with. I cant even imagine having her at 40% CDR killing,defending,caping,escaping like a fiend.

Do you guys think CDR is super critical on this map?

Ghostoo666

09-24-2011

i think it's very important and honetsly needed.

the crystal scar aura should give a passive 10% CDR
and the CDR cap should be increased from 40% to 60%, the cooldowns are just very important. I played a game as karthus and his ult was pretty...let's just say i used it maybe 4 times lol (but it's just this button that stops all capping XD). What i'm trying to say is champs with high cooldown moves are just pretty useless at most times. so i agree

rangerike1363

09-24-2011

I highly agree with this. CDR Lux is only semi-annoying on SR because of her usually lower damage, but on CS people build much less armor and health and more damage since it's much faster paced and damage > health in the short run so she hits pretty hard and has a nice long range disrupt. The more times you can cast your abilities, the more you can disrupt their cap or get to a cap faster. That's my opinion.

urmamasllama

09-24-2011

Quote:
rangerike1363:
I highly agree with this. CDR Lux is only semi-annoying on SR because of her usually lower damage, but on CS people build much less armor and health and more damage since it's much faster paced and damage > health in the short run so she hits pretty hard and has a nice long range disrupt. The more times you can cast your abilities, the more you can disrupt their cap or get to a cap faster. That's my opinion.

you kidding i build more defensively

(ofc ive been maining ez so i need to)

and yes i do go for lots of cdr

Shadowsaint

09-24-2011

The only bad part about reaching 40% CDR is that you have to sacrifice quite a few things to get it. Your quints and glyphs need to have cdr, 9/0/21 masteries and most likely boots of lucidity. I think its worth it though. So I'm sacrificing 20 magic pen from not getting sorc boots but I have 20% magic pen from masteries and global aura so I think its fine.

PigJazz

09-24-2011

Yes due to the faster leveling and increased mana regen I've found that you can forgo early mana items you might usually get, Rod of Ages on Malzahar or Manamune on Urgot for example. I will usually rush Morellos for AP and Brutalizer on most AD. People definitely need to start rethinking their build orders to take advantage of this new mode.

Shini Laser

09-24-2011

I don't agree with the 60% CDR . . . unless you would like to see Zileans be able to use their ult every 15 seconds . . . Then again, I wouldn't complain, since my main is Zilean. >.>

Zyrusticae

09-24-2011

I build CDR by default no matter what map it is, sooo...

otirruborez

09-24-2011

it's the reason most mages as damage dealers are bad in dominion. cooldowns are extremely important.

Magicapples

09-24-2011

the current balance is fine. but i think there is definitely incentive to build for maximum CDR. I know I mastery for it.

when im in a battle, i sure want faster CD's, but if my stuff is up i want the better stats. i can try to manage CD by hit and run and tactics. if i cannot repeat success with that, i will go to more CDR