Dominion defending impossible?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kachi

09-24-2011

Them problem is, don't rely on your turret to help you. Just keep hitting the enemies with anything that can stop their channel. The longer it takes for them to cap that point, the better off your team is as a whole. It's not about "winning" and defending, but buying time for your team.

Shadowsaint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

I think defending creates some of the most memorable moments of this mode. I had PLENTY of moments where I felt that trying to defend a point was freaking useless especially if they had 1 enemy up on you, aka 2v1, 3v2,etc. But once end game comes around and your all tanky or dealing INSANE damage defending can be SUPER fun. I was laughing in the faces of anybody who tried to dislodge me as Leblanc yesterday.

Yousosmart

09-24-2011

It really depends who you're playing whether or not you can be good at defending. Heimerdinger is crazy good at defending control points with his turrets.

Veztai

09-24-2011

My best defenders so far were:
Maokai, who has his ult that reduces damage + 2 AoE attacks
Gragas, able to push the whole team off and a few AoE attacks
Yorick, one AoE and does quite a bit of damage + his ult that revives him to keep going after death, lol

Also, I've seen Mundos defend towers for an absurd amount of time too!

doo0ooooooom

09-24-2011

I main maokai and so i played him in dominion and it seems that his best use is as a defender. He's tough as nails, sapling toss is a long range cap interrupt, he can blow up the attacking creep waves fast, and he's got lots of cc to lock them into taking turret damage.

i also fought a swain who was impossible to kill under that turret... could not take the node while he was there.

urmamasllama

09-24-2011

all you have to do to stop the cap is hit them 0_o its not hard man

Ekanselttar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Held a turret as Ryze for 11 minutes until their entire team came rolling in.

I think your problem is mostly due to the best cappers being rather poor defenders and vice versa.

ragga

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veztai View Post
My best defenders so far were:
Maokai, who has his ult that reduces damage + 2 AoE attacks
Gragas, able to push the whole team off and a few AoE attacks
Yorick, one AoE and does quite a bit of damage + his ult that revives him to keep going after death, lol

Also, I've seen Mundos defend towers for an absurd amount of time too!

I second all this. Besides the more obvious heim and singed, I've seen these guys be hard to get rid of, as well as blitz and stix set up shop on a node

ElementBoom

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemejr View Post
So, my friend and I started trying to get some actual strategy into dominion and decided to try and defend with either Ali (knockup and headbutt) or Skarner (ult) and use garrison cause we could knock into the turret and watch them die, but heres the problem, if someone even the enemy ur attacking, tries to capture the point then the turret stops hitting them. Personally i think this is BS I think that if an enemy is on the capture point you shouldnt be able to capture the point. Thoughts?
its a good strategy, if 2 champs were to rush u, one of them has to hold the turret while the other turret dives at u.
to stop this, stand on the other side of the turret. the moment the KAMEHAMEHA beam comes out, just "slap" them once. (if u no what i meant by SLAP) then contunie dancing around the turret, and repeat until they r dead or near-dead OR until u die. if u die, u hold it long enough and u could say, yes i was outnumbered anyways.

FenrirsVice

09-24-2011

i find AP shaco with JITB one of the best absent defenders in the game, watch them hit a JITB and get feared while a turret wails on em for a bit