Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion defending impossible?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Globas

Recruiter

09-24-2011

So, my friend and I started trying to get some actual strategy into dominion and decided to try and defend with either Ali (knockup and headbutt) or Skarner (ult) and use garrison cause we could knock into the turret and watch them die, but heres the problem, if someone even the enemy ur attacking, tries to capture the point then the turret stops hitting them. Personally i think this is BS I think that if an enemy is on the capture point you shouldnt be able to capture the point. Thoughts?

DoomyDoom6

09-24-2011

I played a match with Garrison as Kayle and won a 2v1 against a Jax and Udyr. The constant aoe effect stops any capture attempt.

Polaritie

Recruiter

09-24-2011

I've had success defending with Ezreal... just fire Q into them if they try to cap and stay back.

Lackmind

09-24-2011

Singed, and hiemy are the 2 best defenders. Singed poision stops caps (dot) and he's impossible to kill. Heimy turrets mean you need atleast 2 people. Its actually MORE effective for hiemy not to be there, cause you can't target him to kill the turrets.

BigDaddyDelish

09-24-2011

It would be painfully difficult to capture turrets if they kept shooting at you while capping though, especially since when you take any kind of damage from a champ the channel breaks.

I think it creates some good back and forth between good defenders and good attackers.

Kachi

09-24-2011

I defended a 4v1 as shen yesterday, held it long enough for my team to respawn and get back and win the game.

Zyrusticae

09-24-2011

Any ranged characters are useful for defending, since you can stop them from capturing without getting into range.

Hence why this tanky DPS meta is rather silly. Of course, you need to be *good* at kiting since most ranged DPS is squishy as all get-out, but assuming you are, you can hold points against the most egregious odds.

Kog'Maw is especially good at this; once he gets to rank 2 living artillery, it's practically impossible to get a point while he's still alive.

Ghostoo666

09-24-2011

stop relying on the turret, grab a champ that you can 1v1 a jax with (is very possible if you know what you're doing) (hardest champ to 1v1)

had this fed Jax and all i had to do to overcome him was snare :B

QueenPandaa

09-24-2011

ive play lots of games defending awsomely , its not impossiable

Vydelar

09-24-2011

I've locked down a turret really well as morgana, and usually had the lane (10 steps is a lane, HA!) at least midpushed.