[Guide]Master Yi, Master Of LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nprevallet

01-18-2010

So this is what I do and it tends to work. I won't go into detail but I will explain my item and rune build quickly.

Items:
Madreds - It's good for pushing in your lane, cause the chance is pretty great on hitting really hard.
Malody - Very good for attacking quickly and lifesteal pre-game, rarely lose health if you play it right.
Bersker's Greaves - self explanitory
Zeal
Infinity's Edge - by the time you get here game should be basically over.
Phantom Dancer
Thirster

Get the last two if you have time.

And I use crit strike and crit damage runes.

Edit: Or you could get the thirster before Phantom, I suggest that.

private

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianderson View Post
Edit: With the new patch it's impossible to backdoor by you're self unless the towers already low.
This should be "impossible to backdoor by yourself"
sorry about the grammar nazi-ing, but overall a very good guide

MrSARS

01-19-2010

Ok one comment who the **** do you talk to on msn messenger Hi I'm a sexy att.. which I think says attention ***** but I could be wrong. Explain yourself.

Shiyuka

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagefault View Post
Hi,
I'm a casual / bad player (lvl 9), but I play mostly Yi. I usually go the following:

Meki's -> Chalice
Boots of flavour (mercury, swiftness, berserker)
Zeal
Page -> frozen mallet
Something defensive (Banshee's if disablers, something with health/armor)
Phantom dancer
Infinity Edge

What do you think about Frozen Mallet in Yi's? I do really love the chasing power it gives you (plus the extra HP and the bit of damage)
well, dont use frozen mallet,waste money. U shouldnt use mercury boot because yi isnt caster, waste money. Make phage before zeal if u can control yi well( because u have boot + atk speed) or u buy zeal> phage> boot if u r pro. Dont buy defensive,buy vampiric scepter.
Just stop at zeal if u r pro( belive me, u can handle it) and buy infinity 1st then go phantom.
Good luck!

Ed the Fed

01-25-2010

I've had much success with just avoiding the razor and going straight for the Boost, then Zeal. I usually purchase scepter first. Though, I don't jungle much - unless my lane partner seems to have things under control or mid/the other lanes need help.

Here's my item order:

Vampiric Scepter
Dagger
-Berserker Boots
Dagger
Gauntlet
-Zeal
Cloak
Spear
BF Sword
-Infinity
-Phantom Dancer
-Blood Thirst

After that, i usually go with another Infinity, though I'm thinking of going with a banshee's veil or something for spell blocking - since a stun usually shuts me down (I don't use Cleanse...) Although, I have been thinking about trying cleanse, I just love Exhaust and Flash WAY too much. Exhaust helps me against twitch and cc champs and flash has saved my arse over9000 times.

I don't worry about mana problems, I carry a couple of mana pots around with me at all times, and it works out just fine. (I have 1-2 slots left after I get everything made/bought anyway.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ed the Fed

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianderson View Post

Edit: With the new patch it's impossible to backdoor by you're self unless the towers already low.
I wouldn't say that.. If you can get 1 or 2 minions to distract the tower for even just 15 to 30 seconds, you can get the tower down.

CARAM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagadar View Post
I wouldn't say that.. If you can get 1 or 2 minions to distract the tower for even just 15 to 30 seconds, you can get the tower down.
What is the patch doing?

EDIT:

And where can I see the patch notes/upcoming changes, etc. ?

Salmon Shaman

02-21-2010

nice build

space jazz

03-09-2010

Nice guide man! Thx for posting it!
I'm new player in LoL (about week of playing, 27 games, 9 lvl) and today I have tried to play Master Yi for the first time. And he's ROCKS! I finished the game with an awesome score for me: 32/4/7.

He's my Yi Item order for this game:

I started with Dagger & HP pots
Then step by step:
1) Berserker's Greaves
2) Vampiric Scepter => Malady
3) Zeal
4) Infinity Edge
5) Phage
6) Upgrade Zeal => to Phantom Dancer
7) Upgrade Phage => to Frozen Mallet
8) The Bloodthirster

Waiting for comments and advises to improve this Item build!

p.s. sorry about my english.

RadAdam

03-10-2010

The main thing I don't understand about this guide is how to effectively jungle and keep the enemy from owning the tower of the lane that you were in. The video in this guide is just a practice match, but I wish there was one to show what you have to do when say a tower in your old lane is getting owned, or if a big push is going on.

I tried jungling out a few times, but every time my random teammate in my old lane would get owned and they'd take down the turret. Do I just need more skilled teammates to do this? It seems like during a pub game it's very hard for me to stick to jungling and then I end up wasting time running around trying to help people while jungling.

Any advice on the specifics of playing this way would be greatly appreciated. I got to Infinity Edge pretty quickly last match and was 6-0, but by then they had done way too much damage to my team / towers that in the end they were too much.

Thanks! ^_^

--------------------------------------------
My Art: http://radadam.deviantart.com