[Guide]Master Yi, Master Of LoL

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weretoad

10-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianderson View Post
Thanks for the feedback, glad the guides working for you.!

I normaly sell Madred's Razors when I start building Infinity's Edge.
My item build will typically look like his until I finish the Infinity Edge.

Since Madred's Razor sells for 700, and after buying the B.F. Sword you need another 2200g or so to finish the I.E., I wait until I've accumulated 1500 or so gold, and then sell Madred's Razor. This way I still get the minor benefits from Madred's Razor up until the moment I have the Infinity Edge, and I don't have an empty item slot unless I need it for something else.

newb1e

10-05-2009

Normally even if you dont sell the Madred's Razor you get the money threw Kills or farming so fast that it even doesn't even matter

Jnewbould

10-07-2009

This guide is great, i went 17/4/10 with this. I'm also seeing lot's of yis played like this now

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2009

Amazing build!!! Master Yi IS Master of LoL \o/

Cerobug

10-29-2009

I wanted to thank you for making this guide. After only playing the game for 3 days I was able to accomplish this after like my 18th game. I did tweak some of the items at the end. I got rid of boots of swiftness and got a Trinity force which put me up to 319 AP and was crittin players for 920ish.

Raro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2009

Thank You so much for this guide!!!!

It's really awesome and I've just used it for the last two games I've played as Yi...
I've noticed an improvement (move kills than deaths) and I've actually be doing well for a change

Thanks!!!

AFKray

11-27-2009

real pros level meditate first and bait. nufffff said.

Raro

11-28-2009

=D It's kinda working!!!

I just played a game where I got 12-0-0 Early game...
But then their whole team came along and started bashing us and I ended with 13-10-0 :|
Lol =D
I think it was mostly because near the end when they were pushing when our team tryed to attack it would only be 1/2 because the other 1/2 were dead, and then I was usually with some ranged guys so they'd be able to escape while I'd die due to their stuns and slows + Singed's Poison... =|

But still it was pretty cool =D

Thanks!

pingbotan

11-30-2009

Well, I'm pretty new to this game, but I like this character. Here are some of my opinions to your guide:

(1) Item build. The items seriously hold no meaning to me, unless you translate them to dota terms :P but this character needs lots of attack speed and damage, and lifesteal if possible. movement speed is secondary because he's already so freaking fast. but really, I think it's dependent on who the enemy heroes are. For example, if there's warwick, i would prefer to get lifesteal early so if i get caught in a 1v1 with him, i wouldnt be in too much of a disadvantage. If not, i would prefer to get attack speed and damage early, so i can kill fast and get out fast.

(2) Skill build. I prefer to take at least one level of meditate and alternate between alpha and wuju so i can stay in the lane longer. meditate is especially important if im soloing mid against two heroes.

(3) With alpha strike and highlander, I think mid game he should be going around to gank already and help to curb enemy heroes who are beginning to get too powerful or late game carries. When ganking, i usually activate wuju first, then alpha strike straight to him, activate highlander and depending on whether he wants to run or not, cast focus on him. During mid game, few heroes can withstand his fast attack speed [with highlander] and damage [with wuju].

I understand that people usually like to farm like crazy and have insane godlike items before they dare to come out and fight. But I personally think that the skill comes not from having insane godlike items and clearing out the entire team by yourself (by that time the enemy probably has the same level of items), but it comes from contributing to the team during early mid game and gank enemies and prevent them from getting too good.

I would say, be a bit more daring when using this hero. Make sure you count in your head the duration of highlander upon activation, and if by the last two seconds you're unable to do it, be prepared to run. It's best if you have flash too. Be disciplined and not greedy, if not you'll get killed too many times by the tower

And oh, memorize the hotkeys well [or rather, the sequence, they are all QWERDF anw], and don't be too stressed when activating them, especially since u must wait for your alpha strike to finish before you can activate highlander, some people might miss out pressing highlander and end up not enjoying that extra speed.

My two cents worth Have never failed to get at least 15 kills in the games which I've played so far. And i like to stress that skill doesnt come from farming like crazy. Anyone playing any character with those godlike items can own. [generalizing, but you get my point].

makkii

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianderson View Post
Master Yi is not a tank, and like most other champions would die if he get's stunned in a teamfight, you should be waiting for the other team to use their stuns on someone else before you run in. You should be able to take anyone 1v1 in a forest tho(unless they have out leveled you by alot), except ryze because he will rape you with his ult.
an equivalent rammus would have yi running for the hills

1234567 ... 12