Dominion To fast?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaine Draconis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Heyo, not sure if this is the best thread to do this in but what the hell. Dominion is fun and enjoyable, the fast paced action is cool but i feel it leans a little against casters/support which I play. Down rate me if you think im just QQing, but there is still some suggestions even ad carries might enjoy.

Im feeling a bit gimped in the item section and its not that the items aren't there, just that caster items need to be complete before you get the extra bonus effects from them. For example, in order for a caster to be able to compete with high mobility ad characters we should probably get a slow, so we can land all our abilities right? So that means Ryajins Crystal Staff awsome great! But its expensive and takes time to build, but if a mellee needs a slow he can make to keep the caster from running, he builds a phage. and then later he can say i need that frozen mallet.

Anyone can correct me on this cause i never bothered to look at the math for tear of the goddess, but another example is you can't rush the Arch Angels staff cause you need to cast a couple abilities to get the tear of the goddess passive for it to be any good. This is just another example of a caster item that helps in late game. Which dominion is to fast for it to be that awesome.

Rod of ages is another example, i never use the thing. But i notice a lot of other players use it to survive more in Summoners rift. But the time it takes to build and get the full effect is nulled in Dominion

There is also the problem of having to switch your build makeup on the fly when your seeing how the enemy team plays, if we can't get the option to create our own recommended items list. At the very least, the section where it says this item also builds into update it so shows more of the options that are appropriate to the class or character. For example, you buy a ruby crystal cause you need health one of the options it suggest is a heart of gold for something it can build into, no good for a soraka or lux. A suggestion could be make it so, other "sorakas who buy ruby crystal turn it into so and so."

Sure something like that would only shave a few seconds off, but the few seconds shaved off is less time in the spawning pool because you already rezzed but can't move out cause your going through menus looking for your items. If either of those options are more complicated than they seem, then how about key binds when the shop is open on the screen. It would be more beneficial to those who remember the menu's better but it still shaves off the time you need in Dominon.

urmamasllama

09-24-2011

you are not going to get people agreeing with you

just gonna tell you right now

DoomyDoom6

09-24-2011

You don't shop while you're dead? And have enough experience in LoL to buy everything you need in 5 seconds?

QueenPandaa

09-24-2011

nope its just right

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

The recommended items list is actually pretty great you just have to break out of the old SR build mentality and try new builds. That's why the game doesn't have a bloodthirster since there is a Dominion specific item better suited than the BT and probably for the AA Staff too.

Miles Long

09-24-2011

Dominion is supposed to be fast. If you can't keep up mentally, you might want to consider waiting until full release so you can practice in a custom game.

Rush Rod of Ages and the thing will still max out, I don't see what the problem is when you can start with a Catalyst from the first minute. Even if it doesn't and only gets halfway, so what? You're really going to tell me it's not worth building because you didn't get that last 100 health, 100 mana and 10 AP?

Everybody is so stuck in their ways they don't realize that there is a shop full of items that can be utilized. Nobody wants to have to think up new builds and strategies.

The game gives you the tools, you're the one limiting yourself.

Delyar

09-24-2011

TL;DR: I'm too slow for that game.