Some Dominion Strategy I Saw "Emerging"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MagicMyshu

09-24-2011

There are a lot of people saying that Dominion lacks strategy. I sort of felt the same way until I started realizing certain things. Like the health pickups, the storm shield, and the fact that there are certain areas of the map that don't give vision to the other team which allows you to lurk there and hide.

When I first played, I played in my old style from SR. But later on I started thinking specifically about Dominion. I picked Poppy who I rarely play in SR, and I picked up a Sheen instantly!

My teammates were pinging like crazy for me to instantly cap whatever I was close to. But instead I lurked in the hidden spots on the map around high traffic areas. My teammates were raging but I ignored them and lurked. Then when the a stray ninja-capper from the enemy team would try to walk through my area I would Poppy them in the face. And THEN cap the turret from some lone defender by Diplomatic Immune-ing them. Sure it cost us a few points, but to kill the enemy before capping net us an overall profit in points I think. Instead of backing afterwards, I would collect the health pickups, avoiding akali who would have owned me, but hunting down anivia, who I could own. It felt pretty strategic to me.

Another funny thing to experiment with is the champ setups themselves. I tried out Crit-Mundo. I walked up to an enemy EZ who had 400 hps left at level 4, and one hitted him with my first melee attack of the game. You can't do that on SR!!

There is strategy to be had.

xFigmentx

09-24-2011

Cool. You're not a moron.

LOLOL BYE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFigmentx View Post
Cool. You're not a moron.
I upvoted you on accident so I will downvote you using this post.

Auscurse

09-24-2011

Look there is definitely strategy and learning to manipulate enemy LoS is one of the bigg'ns.

I've been playing Garen who I find incredibly effective. Have ghost and Pick up 3 speed boots to start and you're set for the whole game movement wise. Aside from that it's all about pressure. Seconds matter more in a quicker match, so delaying your opponents, making them divide their manpower disproportionately and drawing their attention away from wherever the main fighting is going on seems like an incredibly important role to me. In my head I call it the Rover. I think Rovers are supposed to be mobile champs with or without stealth (Eve & Garen are great for it) with decent burst who can wreak 'behind the lines havoc'.

Having said that, some things, like cutting in from the lane into the fog while you approach a target base to defend/attack seems like a basic necessity more than a revolutionary strategic idea. Yet some people don't seem to think in those terms. I suppose when a 'meta' develops that will solve itself.

Mailius

09-24-2011

Lingering near the speed boost on your side is an effective way to cover several points at once, particularly with an already mobile character. You can turn to defend your point, or make it to top or bottom within 5-10 seconds, which is quickly enough to keep a single person from neutralizing the point, or two people from capping it.

TBG CRIME

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

several of my dominion games did lack strategy, everyone on my team would run bottom and fight against 2 people on the enemy node and lose over and over...nobody ever went for jungle buffs, nobody ever tried to bd....and i was left to get roflstomped at bases 3v1 over and over. needless to say...we lost when there was no strat.

Suigėtsu

09-24-2011

i like how sometimes it is more profitable to run to the other side of the CP, and do battle with enemies while a teammate caps, instead of 2-capping it. it buys them enought time to not be interrupted, whereas the enemy could have just hit the both of you and stopped the cap cold

Jabufu

09-24-2011

I think a lot of strategy won't develop until people are playing in premades.

schmide

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMyshu View Post
walk through my area I would Poppy them in the face.
Even if you were wrong you get an upvote for this, but I mostly agree with you.