Dominion takes no skill or intelligence, yet people still fail?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KirbyCake

09-24-2011

Why do I get paired with idiots who don't know how to play dominion.

Here is how you really play dominion.

At beginning 1 goes bot and 4 goes top. I have seen too many people putting too many people bot. the top turret is the turret that is acually important, because it is the only extra turret. Yet some idiots try to raid bot with 3 bot, and usually I can stop them with solo annie.
If they acually overtook the turret, then my team will have gotten top, and the top turret is much easier to defend than the enemy team's bot turret. We usually recapture bot turret within the next minute.

Also when you have 3 turrets, your job is to defend every turret. I have seen idiotic teammates letting the enemy team back door when we already have 3 turrets. You don't need to go for another turret UNLESS 4 or 5 of the enemy team goes for a single turret, then you counter by back dooring thier turrets.

I don't understand why people don't know how to play dominion, I've already figured out the game within the first 5 minutes, yet there are people who still don't understand how this game mode works.

DoughnutLad

09-24-2011

1 Word: Brazilians.

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

kittypushinghandaway_time2-stop-posting.jpg

urmamasllama

09-24-2011

i wonder who the real unintelligent one is here

Karm

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughnutLad View Post
1 Word: Brazilians.
Pardon?

Lagutar

09-24-2011

Wat doin? Must run around kill and get turret! U aint do nothing but stand at turrent! I

This stupid editor just took away all my all-caps.

gg riot. wp.

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

1. Dominion is new, it's not even out of beta yet and you can't expect everyone to already know how to play it well.

2. There are multiple valid strategies and you can't expect people to act like yours is the only one, especially if you try to order them around and/or treat them poorly.

As for the idea of just holding 3 if you bothered to search the forums at all you'd quickly discover Riot intentionally designed Dominion in ways that weaken that strategy.

Plus it's not much fun to just sit there and defend all game. Victory is awfully hollow if you didn't have fun obtaining it.

And most importantly you are NOT the team, you are 1/5 of it so lose the ego.