Has any thought gone into longer games???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ions03

09-24-2011

Hey Reds i was thinking we have 500 vs 500 points atm..... I love everything about dominion but i was wondering if we could get say a 1000 vs 1000 or maybe a 750 v 750 or even a 2000 v 2000 Starting health just make the game longer. Just curious i would love to play for longer! or is this keep it short and chaotic?

Naxxir

09-24-2011

Nah, 500 is good enough, we're talking about a small skirmish type of game here.
500 is fine. I had a 37 minute game last time dominion was up.

LolZombeh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

500 v 500 is better for me because sometimes I don't have a lot of time to play so a quick match is nice to have.

Mailius

09-24-2011

Well the issue with making longer games, is even with 500 point games it's relatively common to see people ending with 12-14k gold. Basically any hero will have their items capped out at 18k, so even a small increase in duration will lead to everyone having their items capped out, which isn't a balanced situation.

JaySten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

I like the current nexus health level because it does keep it between that 15-25 minute time frame. It might be interesting to see a 30-45 minute game of Dominion but I think it would defeat the entire purpose of all the buffs and XP/gold per tick upgrades. If those were downgraded or removed then I could see it being more viable.

Harbinger Elliot

09-24-2011

Please keep it short
Please
Please
Please

TippingPoint

Master Recruiter

09-24-2011

I think if they extend how long this type of game goes it will induce a lot more unnecessary rage and aggression leading to the SR-syndromes we see today in our 50 minute games.

TheSonOfThePang

09-24-2011

how abt making it a best of 3 game? SR is 20-60mins long with an average of 40mins per game.
Dominion can have the same game time as SR.

TOXIC TAPEWORM

09-24-2011

howabout you want a best of 3 you can play custom games of it against friends when it gets released and play as many best of 3's youd like. Part of the purpose od this game mode is short intervals of play not sit down for and hour or longer for one event.

PunÝzher

09-24-2011

500 is excellent i like Dominion cos its full of action and quick gameplay i dont wanna have to play for 30+mins when ever i have that sort of time when i go play SR.