Every game I have lost is because of...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UglyPete

09-24-2011

Windmill, and trying to get people to understand why it's so much better than the other 2 turrets is extremely difficult.

It takes about 6 seconds to get from the nexus to either of the 2 close turrets at 370 speed and about 18-20 or so seconds to get to windmill. What this means is that once taken Windmill is almost guaranteed to score you more points over time compared to one of the close turrets just from the extra travel time from the nexus.

Every game I have had where 3 to 4 people have gone to the windmill at the start of the game and controlled it for the majority of the game we have won, and every game where people keep trying to get that extra bottom turret I have lost.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there any other strat out there where windmill is ignored and the majority of games are won by pushing the other two turrets?

RaspyTurnover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

I kind of like getting 3 then constantly having the roamer trying to cap another.

Though yeah people just cap windmill then leave >.<

AngryHumping

09-24-2011

No. Because it doesn't even matter if you cap the two enemy turrets. Their spawn is right. there.

People feel like they're being productive because they can spend all their time fighting one or two of the enemy at their turrets and cap them for like 30 seconds before the enemy steals it right back because their spawn is right. there. Meanwhile the two of us on the team who aren't completely stupid are fighting off 4-man ganks trying to steal back the Windmill and 20 minutes later we lose.

Only an epically bad team is going to let you lock them into their spawn without constantly stealing their turrets back constantly, and if you're the team that's eternally trying to fight over those points while Windmill goes uncontested then chances are you're the terribads on the field, not them.

Coasca

09-24-2011

I have a problem where i go to capture Windmill with one other player then all of a sudden we have 4 top and we lose a bottom turret.

But then there's those times when im defending windmill and then four enemies show up top and the 2 v 1 bot lane isnt capping anything.