Seriously people

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malystryx

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhls View Post
I scream nerf because no hero in the game should be able to take 3 people on by HIMSELF and win EASILY. its just stupid. i have played as jax, quite a lot and i cant tell you how many times i have 2v1 as soon as i got my ult and destroyed them, then do it again when they come back.

By then im fed and i pretty much rape the rest of the game going ( in quite a few games ) with ZERO deaths.

Im tired of all the pansy ass ****ers who play OP Heroes and dont want them enrfed cus they will suck otehrwise.
Lol. Jax is far from an OP champion. It is very easy to own 2v1 when you have their minions also attacking you with JAx (don't deny it). And a severe nerf to Jax stun ability will cripple his ability. I can think of a number of times where I have taken 3v1 with Master Yi and owned. Not to mention I can remember a few games where I took Master Yi 1v1 with Jax and got utterly owned. I am not saying Master Yi is a god champion. But I am just using him as an example.

Drakonis

09-19-2009

Yi is already at Jax lvl but he's a critter dps

Daikaze

09-19-2009

Actually, Riot nerfs things based on data that they have collected. Riot is more likely to look at the collected data if people are whining about a particular character.

Whining != Nerf

Drakonis

09-19-2009

anyways they cant nerf every ****ing hero people nerf that would be damn unfair

Lollerman

09-19-2009

So what champions are being called to be nerfed that aren't OP?

Seems like the community's been pretty spot on about them in general.

Truhls

09-19-2009

I dont think jax needs a nerf, i dont think his stun needs a nerf. I think DODGE Itself needs a nerf, at a hardcap of 40%. this affects no one but jax, and doesnt nerf him horribly except for people who stack dodge to insane levels.

Lollerman

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhls View Post
I dont think jax needs a nerf, i dont think his stun needs a nerf. I think DODGE Itself needs a nerf, at a hardcap of 40%. this affects no one but jax, and doesnt nerf him horribly except for people who stack dodge to insane levels.
It affects anybody stacking dodge items, and it also affects Katarina.

Jax hasn't needed a nerf for patches now - he got balanced a while ago - the additional items are indirect nerfs to Jax as a champion considering his peers all got shiny new toys to screw him up with. Dodge isn't that hard to manage anyway; someone stacking dodge loses out on other potential benefits anyway. If your team lacks some sort of AoE/Caster, then that really isn't the fault of Jax's design, it's the fault of your team picking nothing decent against Jax.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2009

hard to pick against jax when you dont know you're facing him.... even then he can get magic resistance and kill the caster first. no sweat off his back.

and if you're about to come back with some sort of **** about "have a balanced team to start with" not everyone plays the game like an e-sport. some of us play the game for fun and just play whoever we feel like. unfortunately that doesnt stop 5 man vent premades from facing us. its why i pretty much play practice games for the most part these days, then i dont have to care. and yes, i do play people of actual skill in practice games quite often. the only names of people that i can remember right now are senuig.

BoxmanFTW

09-19-2009

Not to turn this into a "OMG NERF JAX!!!" thread but
I can't tell you how many times I have played jax to hear people complain its getting pretty ridiculous

Just like any MOBA with multiple characters with multiple abilities (like HoN and Dota) there are always going to be characters for each situation

Jax counters carries, thats his purpose (he pwns yi, ashe, trist), which sux for pubs bcuz everyone and there mom plays these characters so they can try to score the 10-0-10 scores that are so easily achieved
But he gets owned by casters (anivia and ryze laugh at him)

Anyways my point is every character is situational and has its purpose (like veigar being anticaster)
I find that there is no glaring weakness in any of the character balances as of late and if you really are having trouble in your lane against a character that counters yours ask for a lane switch, i mean this is a TEAM game

Edit: btw to the guy above me then how can you argue that a character is imbalanced when the game hes playing in has no barring on his performance (considering its a casual game has no meaning and isn't under usual conditions)

Malystryx

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxmanFTW View Post
Not to turn this into a "OMG NERF JAX!!!" thread but
I can't tell you how many times I have played jax to hear people complain its getting pretty ridiculous

Just like any MOBA with multiple characters with multiple abilities (like HoN and Dota) there are always going to be characters for each situation

Jax counters carries, thats his purpose (he pwns yi, ashe, trist), which sux for pubs bcuz everyone and there mom plays these characters so they can try to score the 10-0-10 scores that are so easily achieved
But he gets owned by casters (anivia and ryze laugh at him)

Anyways my point is every character is situational and has its purpose (like veigar being anticaster)
I find that there is no glaring weakness in any of the character balances as of late and if you really are having trouble in your lane against a character that counters yours ask for a lane switch, i mean this is a TEAM game

Edit: btw to the guy above me then how can you argue that a character is imbalanced when the game hes playing in has no barring on his performance (considering its a casual game has no meaning and isn't under usual conditions)
I like those valid points. I can imagine majority of the people complaining in these forums about any particular champion generally play practice. I feel this way because the "competitive teams" have no real reason to complain; they know the mechanics better then most. They know what needs to be done in order to keep champions under control (or at least the majority).