Objective view about Dominion...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Quiet Scout

09-24-2011

I have tried Dominion several times, with champions I normally choose to play with in normal games. First of all I have found that Dominion offers a very fast action oriented game play, very diferent from normal games. It also has more things to do that does not allow for a lot of team personal interaction. These are my observations:

I like:
1. That is is a new game mode, a new map, offers shorter game play.
2. It's available in custom game mode.

Don't like:
1. Due to it being so fast paced, there is very limited time to chat, unless players are using skype or something which I NEVER use. To me that's a minus since part of the fun of online game is team chat.
2. Minions in it are not necessary at all, they only add unnecessary distraction and time consumed killing them.
3. Tank types and high dps champions are kings in the game. Those who like to play with mages and healers do not have a high survival rate while running around so many bases.
4. There are too many towers to conquer, the game could have been made with less towers to conquer offering less runaround for players. I find it very stressful to constantly run around while being chased by everyone and their dog.

Okay... that's my honest impression. It came out with more things that I don't enjoy than things that I enjoy. I don't play tanks. I think that champions like Soraka, Sona, and others will have a very hard time getting into it, unless they have a very supportive, probably premade team. For those that enjoy Dominion as it is, more power to you. I personally feel a bit disappointed with it.

I wish that it was made with a different design where enemies had their bases in opposite sides and a neutral territorry in between. I don't like the circular pattern of the map though I understand they made it like that to encourage movibility and constant action. Is not my idea of fun to be running around constantly without end trying to get to towers and holding onto them while being chased by tanks and killed constantly. Is like a mad frantic chase.

Well, I just wanted to share my experience. Those who like it the way it is go for it. I personally don't think I will be playing it much. I do enjoy the normal games a lot. Have fun.

CaptHarlock

09-24-2011

I agree with 1. 2-4 are just false. Why are your running all over the map by yourself as a mage/support? You don't even do that on SR so why would you do that on dominion? Also, minions pwn nodes and promote is amazing and give you a ****-ton of gold. Also, anything less than 5 is just dumb since you only other viable choices are 3 and 1 and that's just way too small especially with 5 people.

gwarston

09-24-2011

sorka straight pwns **** in dominion

Hannor

09-24-2011

obĚjecĚtive /əbˈjektiv/

Noun: A thing aimed at or sought; a goal.

Adjective: (of a person or their judgment) Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts

Which one is this post supposed to be again?

Grand Xerxes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

It is hard to chat and I think this is why they give you extra time early on to develop a strat with yur team. This can start in the game lobby and in the first, 130 or so in game. I have found that when my team discusses the strat then, we do a lot better than trying to chat during the action where pings are generally just fine.

So, I encourage you to tell your team, hey we need to do blah blah blah, right as the game starts, or even in the selection lobby, this will make #1 a lot better and not needed as much.

I honestly don't mind the minions at all, I think it they add to the gameplay by keeping some action on all turrets, 4/5 the map can't be disregarded once capped and just have a 10 man gank fest over the windmill.

I found tanky characters to be better for me on this map, but I also have seen some good supports and mages. Leblanc and Akali seemed solid, so did Sona and Soraka. With the supports, I don't see them building the same(makes sense).

The number of towers is perfect imo, 2 for each team side, 1 for fighting over constantly. If you had 3 towers, then you could just have 1 lane, and we might as well be playing ARAM. I love ARAM, but this isn't designed to be like that, the number of towers leads to the fast paced action that Riot was designing. No more passive farm fest, get out there cap towers and force fights